red out tail lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

red out tail lights

I been working this for a while. I didn't like the amber so i used a candy apple red clear coat which alot of the dsm guys use to get rid of the amber. I progressly sanded down the surface with 500 grit->1500->1800->2400-> the latter three using a wet sand kit for fine woods. first coat then sanded that with 3200 grit. 2nd coat then 4000 grit. then a 3rd coat and maybe some sanding and another 4th coat, but quite frankly i can't remember. either way it turned out nicely. I'll need to paint the center garnish now as well to match but the red out tails aren't on the car yet. Its obviously really simple but i spread out the project over the last 2 months when i needed a break from schoolwork. but anyway heres some images. for more theres a link to fotki along with a bunch of other pictures.

Attached Files
    95 ES
    05 S60R

Id really need to see a full ass shot with them on the car before I pass judgment.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

i did the same a while back but didn't like how it looked. you might like it better than me though. if not, you can always check out the JDM tails.
      Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
      FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
      Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

I really like your cat Nemo.

Comment

idealy i'd prefer the jdms but i have other expenses to take care of and would rather spend my money on suspension. I figured i'd take the cheeper route for now and see if i was satisfied. The cat is not mine but my roomates, I hated him at first but i actually like him around now. I like dogs more but this cat plays fetch and for some reason loves water, so its the closest animal to a dog here at our apartment.
          95 ES
          05 S60R

Comment

looks good, I like ...

maybe you should make a how to and put it in the how to section of the forum.
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
            X