Raced a Mazda 3 Hatchback.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raced a Mazda 3 Hatchback.

on the way back form deliverey, a young girl, 19-21 mabye. driving a bluish silver looking Mazda 3 hatchback. i was busy checking out her car and didnt see the light turn green, but i saw her wheels spin. i stayed with her btu another car merged into my lane before the race could get started.

at the next light it ws me and her, and she gave me a look, the look that says "im gonna work your ass" and i had no idea if it was the 2.0 or the 2.3 . i gave her a courtesy start and i would just like to say, that the exhaust note on the new mazda 3 hatchback is the most terribly funny thing i have ever seen. it was like a rattling piece of metal. anyways she took off then i launched at 2500. by the top of #2 i was a bumper in front of her and thats was about it. i looked at her and winked, and turned while she sat at the red light.

what did we learn

1. it was probably the 2.0
    2. it was definitly the automatic, because
    a. it was a girl driving
    b. it was slow as piss
    c. she didnt rev on me at all
    3.my car is the coolest car ever.
    Serenity's Dead.

All the mazda 3 hatches are the 2.3l
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

Comment

Maybe she was trying to flirt with you, not race you...
      You kids. Always thinking with your gas pedals.
      ~Mark.
      2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

she was flirtin and you missed out on a piece becuase of you own need to be fast....pitiful.

jj
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Yeah, I took a test drive in one of the sedan's. It was automatic, pretty slow really. They are cool ass cars. Arent they rated at like 160hp or something? Id like to try a manual.
          Eat ****.

Comment

The auto's pause a bit before they take off thats why I wouldn't take an auto. The stick is where it's at! I didn't get to push it too hard but it was plenty quick. It weighs less than the MSP with only 10 hp less so you do the math there. Unless you have hella mods she was flirting with you. If you don't have hella mods then you would have been owned if she were racing you auto or not. But hey thats only my opinion!
            2000 Kia Spectra
            2003 Nissan Xterra
            1990 Mazda Protege (190k miles and still kickin! and beats the crap out of my Kia! lol. )

I am about to purchase a 2004 Mazda 3 if all works out!

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
              3.my car is the coolest car ever.
              NOT WITH THOSE GHETTO ASS CORNERS........
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                NOT WITH THOSE GHETTO ASS CORNERS........
                :
                Serenity's Dead.

Comment

hahahahha
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I honestly dont see how you beat her unless she wasnt trying very hard.....

but if it makes you feel good, then ok.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.4~TuNeR~GoD
                      I honestly dont see how you beat her unless she wasnt trying very hard.....

but if it makes you feel good, then ok.
                      there you go again. are you guys sire the hatchback only comes in the 2.3l, because this thing was noticeably slower than my car.
                      Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Yes, check the mazda website, 2.3 is the only option on the hatch. Nice ass cars, I want mine w/ the xenon, 5 spd, and dark blue please

Comment

i hear there is a lag of accelartion (read that on the forums) because of the fly by wire throttle response.

When i talked about that with the dealer, he said, it should be faster because it is electronic.

so far..........slower has two votes, faster one vote
                          i'll keep a tab

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

Originally posted by pro00
                            i hear there is a lag of accelartion (read that on the forums) because of the fly by wire throttle response.

When i talked about that with the dealer, he said, it should be faster because it is electronic.

so far..........slower has two votes, faster one vote
                            i'll keep a tab
                            What a dealer tells you has to be taken with a grain of salt.
                            ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
                              Yes, check the mazda website, 2.3 is the only option on the hatch. Nice ass cars, I want mine w/ the xenon, 5 spd, and dark blue please
                              Don't forget navigation! DROOOOOOL
                              Dan
                              dreesemonkey

Comment

Working...
                              X