626 Brake Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

626 Brake Upgrade

Hi Guys I was asked by Mazkam to share some info o my car's upgrades.

My car is a BF 1989 323, with the brake system and engine from a 1987 626 GC 2.0i. The upgrade is by no means a direct bolt in!!!

Front SUS: OEM KYB Shock, OEM Mount, HnR Springs, Ball Joint from a 96 Lantis/Protege slotted to fit, Hub is from the 626 Slotted to fit the shock, caliper, rotor(oem sized brembo) and brake lines from the 626

Rear sus: OEM KYB shock, HnR springs, the Rear discs are from the 626, the bolt holes were slotted to mount on the 323 spindle, the rear bearing is from the 323 drum brakes and the outer is 626, Hand brake cable is a little tricky. one of the 626 cables is too long so you need two of the short one (haven't finished it yet the car is down, some how a small nut got into the gearbox and ****ed it)

throw some pictures up please!!
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

What FE3-323 said
      My Hiroshima Screamer

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread & sharing with the clubpro community.

Comment

I got all excited when i saw the 626 in the title. Then i saw it was the old 4 lug GC's, and was like damn it! lol
          ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
          ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
          What are you driving?

Comment

Originally posted by monoxidechild View Post
            I got all excited when i saw the 626 in the title. Then i saw it was the old 4 lug GC's, and was like damn it! lol
            I would have to check the GDs hub and see if they can work

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
              throw some pictures up please!!
              will do when I get home

Comment

I can tell you the ones here in the states are different the bolt spacing on the GD/GE/GF/GG are all spaced out more then on the BG chassis car's.
                ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                What are you driving?

Comment

Just letting you bf owners know that vectra_soundz told me that bf 323 sedans glx came with the full front and rear bumpers as a standard package where he's from.

Here is a pic of his car that i saw in his photo gallery. It's the only pic he had & its small, but you get the idea of what I'm talking.

Last edited by mazkam; 02-21-2013, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X