capacitors help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

capacitors help

okay, so i may be posting this again, cause their are alot of threads on caps, but heres my question. has anyone put caps on their lights? i read on an old post someome mention this, i just want to see if anyone has done this.i dont want the dimming, and not knowing that caps dont hold the charge long enough, i was about to buy two. please help.
    Last edited by joker1977; 03-06-2004, 01:59 PM.

Don't buy them. Capacitors are good only if you have an upgraded alternator (which you don't have). If you put caps in your system now, you will only put more load on it. It won't cure the dimming.

Comment

blue LEDz did research and found capacitors are ineffective. Check out:
      https://www.wihandyman.com/forum/sho...ght=capacitors.
      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Look at this one also: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...8&postcount=17

Comment

I second that. A cap will just add to the alternator's strain. Think of it as a second battery...
          ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by joker1977
            okay, so i may be posting this again, cause their are alot of threads on caps, but heres my question. has anyone put caps on their lights? i read on an old post someome mention this, i just want to see if anyone has done this.i dont want the dimming, and not knowing that caps dont hold the charge long enough, i was about to buy two. please help.

you'd need a minimum of .5 farad per head light, preferably 1 farad, and a high amp diode to limit the current flow to the headlights and cap, and not away. not very cost effective.

Comment

Working...
            X