painted interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

painted interior

who has painted there interior???? lets see some pics... this is mine that i did a couple of weeks ago..

Looks pretty good. I don't have a 1st gen but I painted the door panels of my 3rd gen. Here are a couple of pics. The fabric is going to be recovered in Katzkin leather called carbon primer.

Comment

cool whites gonna be hard to keep clean isnt it?

i know my cars a mess its since been cleaned

a little custom work

and yes the boot is ugly is going to be changed when i feel like buyin a new black one
      No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Yeah I would imagine that white will be a bitch to keep clean. 96GrandAmAed just painted his door panels and entire dash white.

Comment

thats cool id like 2 see that

Semtex... what kinda paint did u use, where u get it from?

Comment

Originally posted by Semtex
            cool whites gonna be hard to keep clean isnt it?

i know my cars a mess its since been cleaned

a little custom work

and yes the boot is ugly is going to be changed when i feel like buyin a new black one
            is it snowing?

Comment

Originally posted by iwokeupfrmadrea
              is it snowing?
              nah i think those are just water spots or coffee stains or sumthin on the pics.. ..then again theywere digi cam.. so that coudlent work.. but i guarentee it wasent snow because we havent had snow yet this year.. prolly just his camera ****in up
              Pewter Silver 92 DX 5 Spd 1.8L SOHC
              -Stainless steel MagnaFlow exhaust with a double walled tip.
              -205/50/15 Bridgestone Potenza RE910 rubber
              -B&M Short Throw Shifter
              -MX-3 GS front seats
              -Front an Rear upper strut braces

(LOOKING FOR A CAI FOR MY SOHC !!!!)
              (GT-X on the way as I type)

Comment

thanks everyone

#1) i used color matched paint from napa, its mazda(sq) blaze red 93

#2) it was raining not snowing, and my camera is fine vormav, when it works....the rain actually makes my car look orange, when my car gets wet it morfs into an msp:p: lol

#3) the top vents in the top of the dash pop out but they come out on an angle towards the driver, thats why their a bitch to get out but with enuf force they come out

#4) i didnt take out that peice on the passenger side, i left it in just for that reason its a bitch to get out, i just taped it off used alot of news paper and watched my over spray, lots of practice is advisible if your gonna paint in a tight area like that, especially if you only get one chance

one again thanks for your coments, i like the black doors on the 3rd gen very snazzy

oh yea and one more thing dont forget your best friend is CLEARCOAT when you paint your dash, its the best protectant for your dash i has to do mine twice cuz i didnt clearcoat the first time
                Last edited by Semtex; 09-13-2003, 10:07 AM.
                No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

i can't stress this enough, especially with plastic bumpers and door side moldings, you can't scrub it, or wash it very well if you don't clear coat... it will give you that nice shiny plastic gloss, but you'll save gobs of time by clear coating that ****. my door side molding painting project has turned to ****, because of road dust, despite all the clear coats, the trim on the bumpers and doors are darker than the rest of the car... the car is due for a paint job and i need body work. so i'm not futzing with it. good luck your interior paint jobs guys.. i'm junkyarding tomorrow and changing out my brakes, so i'll be set
                  peace and wish me luck on some new project

Comment

Working...
                  X