whats better performance wise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats better performance wise?

drilled rotors or slotted rotors. i have drilled and slotted on the front, im thinking ill get some for the rear from somewhere like nopi or summit. are there more noticable effects from either? i would think that drilled would be a little better but i dunno.

enlighten me
    Serenity's Dead.

They are used to help keep the brakes cool, so you dont get brake fade. Im pretty sure cross drilled and slotted are overkill on the protege. Unless you expect to do some really high speed braking alot. Where your braked will really heat up. I have slotted on the fronts of my protege, I autocross alot now. They help, but I really didnt notice THAT big of a difference in braking from the stock vented rotors. You definately dont need them in the rears. If you want maximum braking tho, youll have to do the whole system, not just the rotors. Calipers, pads, brake hose, brake fluid, rotors, etc!
    Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
      They are used to help keep the brakes cool, so you dont get brake fade. Im pretty sure cross drilled and slotted are overkill on the protege. Unless you expect to do some really high speed braking alot. Where your braked will really heat up. I have slotted on the fronts of my protege, I autocross alot now. They help, but I really didnt notice THAT big of a difference in braking from the stock vented rotors. You definately dont need them in the rears. If you want maximum braking tho, youll have to do the whole system, not just the rotors. Calipers, pads, brake hose, brake fluid, rotors, etc!
      actually its more a looks thing, i just think it looks uneven with them in the front and solid ones in the rear. the ones in the rear have never been replaced so i figure why not.
      Serenity's Dead.

Comment

if thats what you want to do, more power to you.
        Eat ****.

Comment

fronts... the best reccomended that i can give for advice would be cross drilled and slotted fronts... *slotted only* for the rears other wise you'll wind up with the rotors cracking if you follow a drilled route... this is due to the fact of poor ventalation and a weak rotor.... unless you can figure out a way to add vented rotors in the rear my advice is solid or slotted nothing else.

when changing rotors to aftermarket you might as well upgrade your pads and lines...

my complete braking system will be finished late next week everything brand new. all new lines including SS new mastercylinder brake booster is used. new calipers new pads and new rotors.(mine unfortunately this time around are all stock rotors) im leaving the upgraded rotors and pads for a later date.
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Neither offer any performance advantage, it's just for decoration
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Charles is correct. the BEST is solid rotors for us.

here's the best braking thread ever.
              "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
              -93 MR2, 129 ES
              ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
              Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                Charles is correct. the BEST is solid rotors for us.

here's the best braking thread ever.
                http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthr...threadid=32327
                hmm, I see Cobra's poin... funny thing is . he keeps asking the other guy for facts and he just won't give him any ... lol
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                X