Suzuki Swift GTi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki Swift GTi

Anyone ever seen these cars? I got to see one the other day. They are bad ass little cars. They weight like 1800lbs, have a 1.3l with 100hp and 83ft lbs. And rev around 8k or so. They are sweet. The seats are hella comfortable, some suzuki made (i think) sport seats that are reclineable. Even the steering wheel is like an aftermarket one. Best thing is they are CHEAP! I found one in my area for like 800 bucks. Im gonna buy one. In mexico they even made an awd turbo one that was used mainly for rallies. Producing like 170 hp. That'd be sweet!
    Eat ****.

my friend has a swift its really crappy i make fun of it alot and its extrmely slow and has a bunch of dents and the roof leaks water
    i is dumb

Comment

must not be the GTI. I guarantee the GTi will smoke your sohc.
      Eat ****.

Comment

Here's a Swift I found on Google. Look at that intercooler!!!

Comment

still a 100 hp in a car that ways maybe 300 lbs lighter then mine id be able to keep up if not win
          i is dumb

Comment

dont the sohc protege's run like 18s in the 1/4?? Swift gti's run like 16.5s. Plus your car dosent weigh 2100lbs. Plus your sohc is making like 8 more hp, and Id be willing to bet your car weighs around 2400-2600lbs. Hmm, lets see....100hp in 1800lbs, or 108hp in 2400 lbs. You take the guess....

Off topic, what kind of p&p job did you have done, and how much did you bore your TB??
            Eat ****.

Comment

hehe..i just got a "new" car too...88Mx6GT..smoke ya both..and i paid $600

Comment

good deal!!
                Eat ****.

Comment

my friend did the p & p and bored the throttle body for 75 bux and my car only weighs about 2230 lbs and im prolly making more then 108 cocidering its 103 stock and i habe alot of mods
                  i is dumb

Comment

here is a stat sheet for the swift gt(i)http://www.stedix.com/swiftgti/ it might beat me but who cares i say if u like it get it and dont care wut other ppl think
                    Last edited by skr33t_rac3r; 03-07-2004, 10:52 PM.
                    i is dumb

Comment

The GTi (later renamed GT due to VW getting lawsuit happy) is pretty cool, at least according to the GRM article about them. Probably not gonna be a real screamer, just kind of fun to drive.
                      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Swift = Metro + 1 cylinder, right? I had a 91 Metro; not fast, but lots of fun to toss around. It was like driving a go-kart with a roof. And it was (almost) indestructible. I imagine with a bit more hp it would be a lot of fun.
                        Another one to look for is the Chevy Sprint Turbo, from the late 80s. It was a one-generation-older Swift with a turbo 1.0l 3 cyl!
                        ~Mark.
                        2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

A swift GTI would eat a protege alive...

I had took some photo's of some when I went to jamaica long time ago. I have to dig through the slides and see if I can find them.

I also snaped a shot of a Lancer evo to .. it was sick..
                          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Gti wont eat my protege alive...lol!!
                            i heard they make really good autox's. And they have a big ass aftermarket for em.
                            Eat ****.

Comment

yes I do think a GTI will eat your modded protege up ..
                              check out some specs

at any rate, I know you would get a damn good run for your money..
                              The car is under 1800 lbs.
                              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                              X