Some ideas please?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some ideas please?!

I am getting pretty stuck when it comes to the next improvement to my car that would make it stand out. Can some give me some suggestions?

Thanks
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/mazda99protege

i painted my rear drums black, so they wouldn't stand out course with black rims they really don't stand out

get the chrome canadian trunk garnish. i personally hate chrome, but it goes well with your car. all the chrome on mine has been painted black NegatiZE has it installed on his car, but the pics aren't working right now. PM him for pics. i think it would look sweet on your car.

depending on where you are from, you can remove the windshield wipers. it looks very clean that way. you'll need to use rainX a lot, though.

i'd suggest removing your side trim pieces that go across your doors and the front quarter panel, but if your car was painted with them on, then if you take them off there will be the stock color underneath, and you'll have to have those areas repainted it looks good, but since you already have it painted i wouldn't bother.

get a new sub amp, new subs, new speakers (ie components up front), and an amp for the front speakers. check out the audio section. there are a lot of knowledgable people there, but expect most all of them to tell you that what you have is crap. no hard feelings about it, but pioneer speakers aren't very good, and sony, well, it's sony

for the interior, unless you paint/fabric the whole thing, i don't think it will look good. the later 3rd gens had black interior, which works well for painting certain pieces. if you were to paint just a few things, like the trim pieces, then it wouldn't look very good. i would suggest the reverse glow blue guages from www.procarparts.com swap out all the lighting to blue if you want. check this out. you might want to get the door sills also.

Comment

You need to do some interior work. The tan just doesn't go well with the blue.

Comment

The seats, even upholstered, make the inside look too stock. Corbeau seats would look sweet. You can get a decent looking pair for like $300, then get a cloth cover in same or matching color custom made to cover the back. I got a similar tan'n'brown interior, and that's prolly what I'm doing as soon as my kit is done.
        2002 Protege LX
        ] Eibach Pro Springs [] Tokico HP shocks [] AWR rear swaybar [] PIAA Super Plasma GT-X [] custom CAI [] 30% all-around tints [] 17" Flik Wasps / Kumho Ecsta 711 tires [] APC Eurotails [

Comment

your car hurts my eyes, too much shiny, but different strokes for different folks, i think your car would look nice with some wheels like proto2k. Sometimes doing further mods means replacing current mods for a different look. I would darken the car up but im weird see. Other than that im with the other guys on the interior.
          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Are those reverse gauges hard to install? I was thinking of doing it myself and I have little car experience but know general mechanics/electronics.

Comment

yes they are spoonman, youll break needles, take them to a professional so theyll be liable.
              According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Unleashed
                The seats, even upholstered, make the inside look too stock.
                I beg to differ.

Comment

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                  X