"Nite Shade" removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Nite Shade" removal

I just bought some Nite Shade spraypaint and sprayed my side markers. Unfortunately some of the paint leaked and now i got some friggin blotches on my sidemarkers. Any advice on how to remove the paint?
    2002 Protege LX
    ] Eibach Pro Springs [] Tokico HP shocks [] AWR rear swaybar [] PIAA Super Plasma GT-X [] custom CAI [] 30% all-around tints [] 17" Flik Wasps / Kumho Ecsta 711 tires [] APC Eurotails [

paint remover? haha j/k
    2002.5 protege dx

Comment

Have you tried paint thinner?
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by Unleashed
        I just bought some Nite Shade spraypaint and sprayed my side markers. Unfortunately some of the paint leaked and now i got some friggin blotches on my sidemarkers. Any advice on how to remove the paint?

i sprayed my tail lights about 10 shades too dark, to the point where when i hit the brakes, it was still dimmer than with the just the tail lights on previously. paint thinner didn't do much to it, and i got frustrated, so i took some sand paper to them. yeah, it sounds crazy, but it worked. i forgot what grit i started with, but the final grit was 2000, and then i used some rubbing compound. you can't tell they were ever sanded

Comment

I've used an even easier trick. If you have any nite-shades left in the can spray more
          on and then you can wipe it all off and start over.
          2003 Protege LX 2.0 (BJFP) Sport package (New motor at 24,885 miles on 5/26/05), 5 Speed. Black Mica.

Mods: Mazdaspeed front bumper/foglight conversion, Cold Air Intake w/ K&N filter, OBX header with sport muffler, Full Mazdaspeed suspension with 5-lug/ 4-disc conversion and Racing Beat upgraded sway-bars, "E" level bushing kit, 2.25 inch trimmed Sprint Performance lowering springs, Mazdaspeed strut tower brace, smoked tails, Short shifter, Corksport clutch hose, black pearl emblem kit, Silverstar headlights, and limo tint

Future mods include: DGM carbon fiber grille and air dam, 2003 Mazdaspeed spoiler and side sills, Corksport full exhaust, grounding kit and then hmmm...turbo?

Comment

Working...
          X