ahhh RUST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahhh RUST

what are your thoughts bout this rust., expensive to get removed???? and how bad do you think it will get over winter, seein that i wont have the money before the snow fall 2 get it remvoed then.., im from NY

you can't remove it. What you can do though is buy this hole filler they might sell at home depot or auto zone maybe. Spread it on there and file it down with sandpaper and just paint over it.
    '93 protege DX 5 spd.

yo mammy

Comment

umm yes you can remove it...
      all ya gotta do is either use a wire brush an go at it til yer down to bare metal then buy fibreglass bodyfill put on there then smooth it out with wax paper then rollin pin on it til its smoothe.. let dry peel off the waax paper then paint.. or
      you can use a mini grinder with a grinding wheel not a cutting wheel on it.. an grind it down to bare metal then repeat the above process.. rust aitn that hard to fix unelss its rotted right thru.. but thats just bublin.. so its easy to fix
      Pewter Silver 92 DX 5 Spd 1.8L SOHC
      -Stainless steel MagnaFlow exhaust with a double walled tip.
      -205/50/15 Bridgestone Potenza RE910 rubber
      -B&M Short Throw Shifter
      -MX-3 GS front seats
      -Front an Rear upper strut braces

(LOOKING FOR A CAI FOR MY SOHC !!!!)
      (GT-X on the way as I type)

Comment

or go to a junk yard and get a new panel for 25 bux

Comment

ummm, have you taken inventory of how big a piece of sheet metal like that would be... i mean, doesn't the area of sheet metal that rust is on basically flow jointless to your roof top? does on my car... it's not a part you can replace, you have to fill it using the above techniques.
          peace

Comment

Originally posted by demoninvictus
            ummm, have you taken inventory of how big a piece of sheet metal like that would be... i mean, doesn't the area of sheet metal that rust is on basically flow jointless to your roof top? does on my car... it's not a part you can replace, you have to fill it using the above techniques.
            peace
            correct
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

eh, hes a creative lad plus hed have a new quarter panel, not a ghetto rigged body repair

Comment

Originally posted by Tai Mai Shu
                you can't remove it. What you can do though is buy this hole filler they might sell at home depot or auto zone maybe. Spread it on there and file it down with sandpaper and just paint over it.

that is the WORST thing you can do, the rust continues to spread under the bondo eventually bubbling again and causing serious holes,

as vormav said grind that **** off, make sure its all gone or youll be back there again , fill it with fine haired fiberglass and sand down smooth then paint it

but if you have no money let it go it will not get that bad, i let my wells go when i had no money i brought them back fine when i did have money, but the sooner the better cuz the longer it sets there the bigger and deeper the rust gets just an FYI
                No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

One word for you, BONDO.
                  ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

ok to repair the rust on your wheel well get a grinder and as stated above some bondo.... soe parts of the car you need an experst help.. like the doors. i am going to replace all of my doors to get rid of the rust near the windows!!!
                    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                    So his engine he goosed
                    With much too much boost,
                    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Working...
                    X