Lugnut Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lugnut Question

I recently bought some lightweight open-ended lugnuts for my 2002.5 ES from Corksport.When i put them on the rear wheels the top of the lugnut's sat even with the top of the lug,but whe I put them on the front they are not even with the top of the lug.There are probably about 4-5 threads that are not engaged with the lug(mind you they are tourqed down to the correct lb/ft).I have the stock rims on.I am wondering if this is supposed to be like this or are the lugnuts gonna fly off?Any help is appreciated!
    2002.5 Sunlight silver ES.TWM short shifter,Sparco knob,Kartboy shifter bushings,modified airbox,K&N filter,Altezza tails,Toyo Proxes 4 tires and plenty more to come.Newest addition is a 2000 Ducati 750 SS with carbon fiber exhaust

Originally posted by RicerXProtege
    I recently bought some lightweight open-ended lugnuts for my 2002.5 ES from Corksport.When i put them on the rear wheels the top of the lugnut's sat even with the top of the lug,but whe I put them on the front they are not even with the top of the lug.There are probably about 4-5 threads that are not engaged with the lug(mind you they are tourqed down to the correct lb/ft).I have the stock rims on.I am wondering if this is supposed to be like this or are the lugnuts gonna fly off?Any help is appreciated!
    Doesn't sound normal to me from what you have said. Your lug nuts are sticking out?!? I can't read.
    ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Yeah the back lugnuts sit flush with the top of the lug bolt itself,but the front ones have about 4-5 threads that aren't engaged with the lug bolt.So the lugnuts are seated above the lug bolt.
      2002.5 Sunlight silver ES.TWM short shifter,Sparco knob,Kartboy shifter bushings,modified airbox,K&N filter,Altezza tails,Toyo Proxes 4 tires and plenty more to come.Newest addition is a 2000 Ducati 750 SS with carbon fiber exhaust

Comment

Translation.

The back lugnuts are screwed in just fine.
        The front lugnuts aren't screwing all the way. (too long for bolt)

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
        RB springs
        Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
        MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Yeah thats what I thought and I just called Corksport and they seem to think that it wouldn't cause a problem.I guess I will find out if my wheel fall's off!

Comment

best suggestion... just go talk to someone at a Bridgestone tire or something.. and ask them to take a quick peek at your car.. don't drive it in the garage. that'll cost you money.
            jsut get someone knowledgeable to LOOK at it.. and if they wanna fix it for free or cash cost, then that's your perogative.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
            RB springs
            Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
            MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

My lug nuts stick out long in the front and back, but they go to my rims cause I couldn't find my factory ones and they stick out and i can't get my hubcaps back on so i have to ride around with black wheels...ugh....be nice if someone had some they would sell me!Ha yea right!
              "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Originally posted by mazdachic
                My lug nuts stick out long in the front and back, but they go to my rims cause I couldn't find my factory ones and they stick out and i can't get my hubcaps back on so i have to ride around with black wheels...ugh....be nice if someone had some they would sell me!Ha yea right!
                use periods women.
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

runonrunonrunonrunonrunonrunonrunonrunonrunonrunon runon
                  According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                  X