1.6L Air Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.6L Air Intake

hey guys i need to find a cold air intake for my 1.6L 2000 protege. i cant find one. can any of you tell me where i can find one? (websites, stores, etc...)
    Whats life if you cant enjoy it?

Originally posted by gar.rocko
    hey guys i need to find a cold air intake for my 1.6L 2000 protege. i cant find one. can any of you tell me where i can find one? (websites, stores, etc...)

well, injen makes a CAI, and i have it on my car now. advance imports supposedly has one, and i'll be checking on it. but it's still not on their site. if they do have it, i can get it for you for less than they charge possibly around $100 for it, but i'm basing that off other intakes ordered by my friend though them.

Comment

hey thats awesome thanks for the info. and it would be pretty sweet if you could see if advance imports does have one for the 1.6L, it would be awesome if you could get me that price break!

Comment

I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Mazda and Mazdaspeed performance parts since 1998. Precision-engineered at an unbeatable value. 1-360-260-2675 - CorkSport Mazda Performance

Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

yea i got a racitve intake in my 1.6 sounds sweet!

Comment

I am looking into getting an injen. I have been watching E-bay and there has been a lot on there here recenlty fot a nice price.
            "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

who wants a advance imports CAI for the 1.6L for $110 shipped? depending on how many people want them, my buddy can do $100 shipped he doesn't have a credit card machine yet, and he's been dealing with cash or checks so far. he's going to be opening a paypal account soon, but if he doesn't get off his ass about it, i'll let anyone interested paypal me the money and i'll get it to him. if you are interested, post here or PM me. their intakes are kind of a black chrome finish, at least all i've seen from them. they are supposed to be almost exactly the same as the injen

this is not me trying to sell anything, right now it's just to figure out those interested.

Comment

Let me know what the werd is...I might be interested if i don't find a injen for a cheaper price! Thanks!
                "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

yeh i'd be very interested for that price! is it a good cai? keep us posted.

I have been wondering though, the layout of my engine is similar to this...
                  and the pics i'v seen doesnt have the red section that i circled. can any one inform me what i have to do with that, or will the cai fit with it still in. i dont even really know what it does, i do know it is a intake though. i also looks like i'm going to have to move the other part that i circled, maybe?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by gar.rocko; 03-10-2004, 08:05 AM.

Comment

the stuff you have circled in red gets taken out, except for your coolant that gets moved and there is a hole that the CAI goes through.

Comment

Originally posted by Drackonn
                      the stuff you have circled in red gets taken out, except for your coolant that gets moved and there is a hole that the CAI goes through.
                      thanks, anyways just cause i'm woundering what perpous does it serve?

Comment

its a good start to running 20's in the quarter mile.
                        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by gar.rocko
                          yeh i'd be very interested for that price! is it a good cai? keep us posted.

I have been wondering though, the layout of my engine is similar to this...
                          and the pics i'v seen doesnt have the red section that i circled. can any one inform me what i have to do with that, or will the cai fit with it still in. i dont even really know what it does, i do know it is a intake though. i also looks like i'm going to have to move the other part that i circled, maybe?

yeah AI makes great intakes. i've installed a bunch on hondas and nissans for my buddy. i might just have my buddy order one for me, and see how it looks and compare it to my injen but for the price, you can't go wrong

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                            but for the price, you can't go wrong
                            yah i here ya there! sounds good

Comment

installing

id be willing to purchase one, does neone know of ne online instructions for installing a intake on a 2000 LX

Comment

Working...
                              X