never ending brake squeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never ending brake squeal

A few weeks ago my brakes started squealing but not the normal squeeler touching rotor squeal but nails down a chalk board and would echo through down town, it was very loud and annoying. I went ahead and ordered porterfield r4s pads and new pins got them on and made sure i greased everything, back of pads, pins, and bolts, i also bedded them. Was good for a couple weeks and now its back and way worse i can apply and release the preassure and change the pitch and side that it comes from.

It usually doesnt do it when i first start driving or first hit the brakes, its usually when im almost done coming to a stop at which point i usually just use the ebrake so i dont have to hear it but sometimes it will do it just slowing down on interstate.

Can you tell which side its coming from, could it be a sticky calliper?

Comment

It's coming from both sides and my rims don't feel hot so i doubt its a sticking caliper.

Comment

It takes very little stick to make em squeak. The rears are especially fond of doing this.
        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Just an update, driver side is now a higher pitch squeal as if pads need to be changed, front and rear are fine on pad life. Driver side is definitely sticking. It has warped the rotor and messed up the pads. Guess It will be getting an upgrade soon, especially since it just got new bearings its really annoying but necessary

Comment

Working...
          X