driveshafts don't fit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

driveshafts don't fit.

forgot to give you background on what I am doing so you can actually answer my question.

I am working on a BP swap into my MX3. switched the 4WD tranny that came with the motor with a FWD from a protege Lx. purchased drive axles and now
    the drive shafts I have are not the right ones, the outer part of the shaft (that passes through the hub) is not long enough. Also they came with ABS and my MX3 does not have ABS.

Apparently I was given the wrong ones. Which driveshafts can I use that will fit?

Thanks
    Last edited by Roach; 04-09-2013, 06:10 PM.

All of them come with the abs ring. You can either leave it on there or knock it off with a hammer and chisel.

The axles like to stick in the hub sometimes, and it takes a lot of wiggling/shaking/pulling to get the threads to stock out far enough for the but to catch the threads.

Comment

Originally posted by redheddude222 View Post

The axles like to stick in the hub sometimes, and it takes a lot of wiggling/shaking/pulling to get the threads to stock out far enough for the but to catch the threads.
      Thanks! I will give this a shot and let you know how it goes.

Comment

The MX has a wider track than the LX protege.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

The axles interchange. I'm using protege axles on my mx3 with no issues.
          Last edited by redheddude222; 04-12-2013, 10:48 AM.

Comment

For all who are still wondering... The installation is complete and the shafts fit.

Comment

Working...
            X