Encapsulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Encapsulation

Is there anyone here who knows CCNA? I currently have a project and I have to do a visual presentation of encapsulation. Only thing I can think of is a letter envelope. Somewhere around those lines.
    My OLD Car

CCNA = Cisco Certified Networking Associate; So you would have better luck asking if anyone knows anything about networking.

I'll try and find something for you to use.
    2002 Silver ES 5-Speed
    1983 F-150 351W

Comment

Here is what I found:

I'm guessing you just wanted to know about OSI encapsulation? Or did you want something more specific?
      2002 Silver ES 5-Speed
      1983 F-150 351W

Comment

I'm not smart enough for this thread.
        '93 protege DX 5 spd.

yo mammy

Comment

Originally posted by kc5zom
          Here is what I found:

I'm guessing you just wanted to know about OSI encapsulation? Or did you want something more specific?
          Thanks a lot but I already know what it is. I have to do a project and I have to show what it is visually.
          My OLD Car

Comment

What about using your envelope idea with an envelope over an envelope over an envelope? Then when the packet arrives at the other workstation it opens each envelope in order to get the juicy data inside?
            2002 Silver ES 5-Speed
            1983 F-150 351W

Comment

Originally posted by kc5zom
              What about using your envelope idea with an envelope over an envelope over an envelope? Then when the packet arrives at the other workstation it opens each envelope in order to get the juicy data inside?
              Idea is already taken. Can you think of anything else? I thought of this but I still want more ideas. I have four shirts on four the last four layers of the OSI model. DATA will be traveling through this encapsulation. In the first shirt I have on it says Transport Layer and I have D.txt A.txt T.txt and A.txt written on it because it turns the DATA into segements. Then in Network Layer I put IP D.txt IP IP A.txt IP, etc. because the segments are turned into packets. Then in the Data Link layer the MAC address is added so I take off that other shirt and on this shirt I have MAC IP D.txt IP MAC written in the header and trailor; the packets are now frames. At last I take off another shirt and on my last shirt I have the Physical layer and the MAC IP D.txt IP MAC turn into binary. understand?
              My OLD Car

Comment

that last post made me drunk ...
                did he say something about a turbo ....
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla

that last post made me drunk ...
                  did he say something about a turbo ....
                  heh? What turbO?
                  My OLD Car

Comment

Your post made me feel drunk. I think I'm too tired to read anything that long.
                    2002 Silver ES 5-Speed
                    1983 F-150 351W

Comment

hurray for turbos!

Comment

Originally posted by icynelly
                        Idea is already taken. Can you think of anything else? I thought of this but I still want more ideas. I have four shirts on four the last four layers of the OSI model. DATA will be traveling through this encapsulation. In the first shirt I have on it says Transport Layer and I have D.txt A.txt T.txt and A.txt written on it because it turns the DATA into segements. Then in Network Layer I put IP D.txt IP IP A.txt IP, etc. because the segments are turned into packets. Then in the Data Link layer the MAC address is added so I take off that other shirt and on this shirt I have MAC IP D.txt IP MAC written in the header and trailor; the packets are now frames. At last I take off another shirt and on my last shirt I have the Physical layer and the MAC IP D.txt IP MAC turn into binary. understand?
                        Kinda like Michael Stipe at the MTV awards that one year.
                        ~Mark.
                        2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

This is not helping. My project is due monday...
                          My OLD Car

Comment

I will be getting my CCNA in the spring.

More people are using virtual private networks to establish secure communication over the internet, protecting their private information and allowing remote employees to connect to the private corporate networks.

When information travels through a network, it follows certain guidelines to ensure compatibility. Find out about OSI and the protocol stacks that prepare your data for transfer.

Maybe that will help you out.
                            Last edited by 515speed; 09-12-2003, 10:14 AM.
                            Bryan 93lx

Comment

Originally posted by 515speed
                              I will be getting my CCNA in the spring.

More people are using virtual private networks to establish secure communication over the internet, protecting their private information and allowing remote employees to connect to the private corporate networks.

When information travels through a network, it follows certain guidelines to ensure compatibility. Find out about OSI and the protocol stacks that prepare your data for transfer.

Maybe that will help you out.
                              Thanks man. But i am brain dead. I need a way to visually show this...
                              My OLD Car

Comment

Working...
                              X