Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Addition

I just ordered my 1.5 Mazda Speed Adjustable Cam Gear from Cork Sport
    today. Price + Shipping = $161.00 It should be in 3 to 5 days. I can't wait.
    Has anyone else purchased this? I'd like to know more about it

P.S. They just ordered some new parts from Japan for our gen.,
    but they're not in yet.

They didnt make the pros over there with the catlytic converters
    but with something else. They're getting that part. Supposed to
    add 8-10 hp and noticeable gain (Derik says). He also said it's gonna
    be around $200.
    Mike A.

What are you planning to do with the cam gear? Because on 1.5 engine, you can only move the powerband for either acceleration or top end.

But if you do install it, let us know with plenty of pics. Thanks.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
      What are you planning to do with the cam gear? Because on 1.5 engine, you can only move the powerband for either acceleration or top end.

But if you do install it, let us know with plenty of pics. Thanks.

What do yall suggest I set it for? Acceleration or top end?
      Mike A.

Comment

accccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllaaaaaa aaaaarrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaation
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

How much quicker would it be accelerating?
          Mike A.

Comment

There's no tellin how much acceleration you will be getting. And it will matter on what you wanna do with your car. If you wanna race in da quarter mile, then acceleration is your best bet. However, if you just drive fast on long trips, then top speed will be for you. Best bet, choose acceleration!
            Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

Originally posted by Torped0
              There's no tellin how much acceleration you will be getting. And it will matter on what you wanna do with your car. If you wanna race in da quarter mile, then acceleration is your best bet. However, if you just drive fast on long trips, then top speed will be for you. Best bet, choose acceleration!

Ok, well Ill have it set for acceleration but i still wanna know
              how much quicker off the line it'll be.
              lol. Or how much time it will knock off in a quarter mile.

What's yall's thought of this?
              Mike A.

Comment

good luck and be sure to document your findings.
                Bruce
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

if you set it for acceleration... will it bring down your top speed from the stock place... like will it bring it down from 115?

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                    if you set it for acceleration... will it bring down your top speed from the stock place... like will it bring it down from 115?

hmmm hope not. well.. im never going that fast anyway.
                    Mike A.

Comment

Yes, you will lose top end speed, and agree with most here, to set it for acceleration. For our car's engine, I think its better, because seriously, how often do you go past 80-90 mph? Set for acceleration, and make sure to time yourself at the strip before and after. Thanks, oh, pioneer in cam gear for 2nd gens.
                      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Personally, you won't notice much a difference from acceleration. I mean it may knock 1/10 of a second... Its not like your going to get a sudden burst of power. Adding a catback may give you 2/10 of a second if not 3/10. So basically you won't be gettin alot of power. But it'll be better than ur current config.
                        Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

Well, I'm getting an intake along with new exhaust to go along
                          with the cam gear this upcoming month... so I hope I can tell some
                          kind of difference. I would gut the back seats and trunk
                          but I dont think it would do any good. lol. be pointless + i have a
                          baby on the way.
                          Mike A.

Comment

You should port and polish the head!

And I just happen to have a spare...brand new never installed z5 head complete with valves. Just add cams and go. $120 plus shipping

man, that was shameless
                            Last edited by davens; 03-11-2004, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Hey guys, a guy down the road that owns a machine
                              shop told me that he would port and polish my head for
                              me for $300. Is this a good deal??? He does this kind of
                              work for 4 cylinder dirt track cars at a race track down here.
                              Mike A.

Comment

Working...
                              X