This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mini spring compressors

Has anyone used those clips/clamps that are used to compress or raise the space in between the spring coils. I'm curious to know the pros and cons of there use before i put them on my car ('95 pro dx). I have stock springs on KYB Gr2's and i want to compress them. I'm just looking for a small drop.
    Last edited by Sunset; 03-09-2004, 11:38 PM.

dont get them they are cheap and try to stretch over time thus not acctually lowering ur car. if u really want to lower ur car get some springs or coilovers and doit the right way.
    i is dumb

Comment

not to mention the fact that they break and shoot out like fuqn bullets...do it right man, save your money and buy struts/springs.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
        dont get them they are cheap and try to stretch over time thus not acctually lowering ur car. if u really want to lower ur car get some springs or coilovers and doit the right way.
        Omg you said something usefull,

Comment

lol, i was thinking the same thing....see uncle ben isnt so bad.
          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

****ing ghetto! and yeah that is a first with you skr33t racer, keep it up little buddy.
            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
            225.94wtq
            torque monster!!!!
            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

yeah listen to skr33t on this one... don't use these to drop your car.

Just save 20 bucks a week or so and buy yourlself some springs. You can get a used set from any of the protege members on the board for pretty cheap.
              If you get coilovers try and watch the spring rates. Some can be really stiff.
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

And I thought my wheel spacers were ghetto...

Just out of curiosity, how much do these things cost?

Comment

lol 11.99 at autozone.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

i would just cut like 6 inches off your coil, and call it good, prolly just as ghetto, as the spring compressors.
                    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                    225.94wtq
                    torque monster!!!!
                    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

thnx for the info. I'll just go with the springs.

fuq_A_vtec lol 11.99 at autozone.
                      Hey, I found them for $7.00 down here

Comment

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                        X