P5 v.s. 87 Olds Cutlass coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P5 v.s. 87 Olds Cutlass coupe

Now, now. Before ya all start throwin' up the B.S. flags an all, I'l give ya a lil background. At a family gathering one Sunday afternoon my brother and I decided to leave my parents house after everything settled down. My brother an I live about 25 miles away from my parents, an I'm letting my brother use my Cutlass for means of transport because someone totaled his 626. The Cutlass is a 307 ci 4 speed automatic 4bbl carb w/ duel exhaust ( but still not offically dubbed a 4-4-2. Even though it looks like one) Its hooked mildly with performance mufflers an ram air. Were about to hit the highway for the last stretch toward home which was about 2 miles away. I'm on the on ramp to I495 first, but as soon as he got the chance he guns it past me. I ****in' knew he was gonna do this, an I was well prepared so I'm after him. This wasn't a 1/4 run. This was a race home. We've pretty much did this all the time with his 626. Anyways, the road at first was pretty clear an I'm going a steady 100mph when a few cars came up. We end up slowing up, but as we all know, protege's handle the balls. Perfect time to get ahead. I get ahead barely. I see him hauling ass right behind me. This is where we have to take the exit to 93n. This P5 handles this ramp like butter. I do it everyday and smile every time. There was no way in hell the Cutlass can take this anywhere 40+mph. With luck on my side and a few more cars ahead I got a good lead on him to get to our last exit and get home first. Good times. Unfortunately, I could only boast so much. 307s aren't the best V8s out there. It probablly would have had a different ending if it was a 350. But it was still good fun.
    " Autobots are an error I intend to correct"

Reformated Alternate Mode:
    Midnite Blue P5 ( 5-speed manual)
    Painted calipers
    Injen CAI
    Custom exhaust
    Tein lowering springs(finally installed)

sorry man couldnt resist, and yes the 307's are decent running motors and last forever, my friend had a cutlass with a 307 and some kind of crane cam, and welded up rear end out of a stock car.. I had a 78 malibu with 300hp 350 and his cutlass could hang with my malibu. but i had the stock gears in my malibu. like 273's or sompin.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

LOL. @ the flag. Yeah, the 307 is a good engine as long as you take care of it. However, there is some kind of swirl port "economic" crap in those that really hold it back. I mean I think the chevy 305's are better than the 307 just because they don't have any of that. The 307s only have pretty good amount of torque, but the Cutlass is pretty damn heavy. I love the Cutlass to death. I love that style car. They're my favorite G-body (even over the Monte Carlo SS) It just needs a bigger V8.
      Last edited by RipperSnapper; 03-10-2004, 11:09 AM.

Painted calipers
      Injen CAI
      Custom exhaust

Comment

or a manual transmission
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I thought about that because its a floor shift auto instead of a column shift. I just think It would just be easier to dump a bigger motor in it. Plus theres more aftermarket support for a 350.

Painted calipers
          Injen CAI
          Custom exhaust

Comment

yeah, the cutlases are my favorite body style, besides the late 70s early 80s malibus, and they do look tuff with big tires and oh i dunno maybe a 455 rocket under the hood.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
              455 rocket under the hood.
              Oh I know what those are all about. My brother an I have a 71 Olds 4-4-2. It was our dads an about 8 yrs ago he finally decided to hand us the keys after it being on blocks in the backyard for 15 years. Now the motors all rebuilt, new paint was done ect, ect. We had to get a new front fender and hood due to rust, but surprisingly (and thankfully) the undercariage an frame were fine. Hands down THAT car would have handed my ass. Damn proud to say it too.
              By now ya prolly thinkin' what the HELL do you do with three cars. Well, the 87 Cutlass is the car that was my daily driver before the P5. I got the P5 because I needed something more gas friendly since I moved an have 25 miles to drive to work. I just don't have the heart to sell the cutlass. As for the 71, It aint all mine. My bro paid half his share to fix it, so its just as much his as mine. We really don't drive it all that often.
              Last edited by RipperSnapper; 03-11-2004, 06:58 AM.

Painted calipers
              Injen CAI
              Custom exhaust

Comment

theres a big market for the 455's if you do decide to sell it.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                X