Install of smartwindows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install of smartwindows?

I'm a new member, so first of all whats up.
    Now, I just got a Clifford Concept 450 alarm installed in my PR5. So far itworks great so if anyone is deciding on an alarm, its a good one. I am now thinking about gettin smartwindows for it. I just payed a bunch to get the alarm installed so i don't really want to pay for installation again. I'm pretty familar with car audio installs, since i installed everything i have now myself. How exactly would the smartwindows add onto the existing brain(just plug in?) and is there any other wiring that needs to be done to stall it. Finally, as I said, someone else installed the alarm so I'm not even sure where they put the brain. Does anyone have any idea where they might have put it?
    Thanks, boominPR5
    2003 PR5
    JVC MP3 Head, Koiler 600W Amp, 2 Old school Audiobahn 12s, Clifford Concept 450 alarm.....
    And of course much more to come.

the SM module shouldjust plug into the main brain, the new Cliffords have a databus type system now, it's almost stupid how easy it is to wire up...the long tedious part is wiring it up to the windows.

The main brain should be hidden, so it may not be in an obvious spot (depends on the quality of the install shop tho) but 99.9% of the time, they are mounted up under the drivers side of the dash, black box about the size of a deck of cards.

Comment

what exactly do you have to do to wire it up? just splice into each motor?
      2003 PR5
      JVC MP3 Head, Koiler 600W Amp, 2 Old school Audiobahn 12s, Clifford Concept 450 alarm.....

Comment

the unit goes between your motor and your switch. Basically it wires up similarly to a 5 wire doorlock system.

You cut the window motor wires and attach the module wires (one side to the motor, one side to the switch) So each single window wire, becomes 2. Motor side and switch side.

The SM module will have all the specific instructions. I don't recall if the SM is UP and DOWN or if there's different models that do just one direction (i.e UP or DOWN) but if you want UP and DOWN then you'll need to grab all 8 window wires (4 up, 4 down)

Comment

aight thanks, now all i need to do is order it.
          2003 PR5

Comment

Working...
          X