no more cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no more cruise

Ok so today i went to use the cruise for the first time today and i pushed the lil' button and it didnt work, any one have any ideas? could it just be a blown fuse, if so where would that fuse be located? i looked in manual at the fuse relay layout and it didnt say anything about the cruise control. any suggestions would be nice, thanks.

First check the on button for the cruise. In my car its on the side of the button pod on the stearing wheel. Sounds stupid, but its kinda hard to notice and could have easily been pushed off. If that doesn't help, there should be a fuse for the cruise control in the fuse box behinde the kick panel on the drive side. Look on the layout on the backside of the door to the fuse box for which one it is.
    Other than that, don't know what to tell ya.
    2003 PR5
    JVC MP3 Head, Koiler 600W Amp, 2 Old school Audiobahn 12s, Clifford Concept 450 alarm.....
    And of course much more to come.

Comment

just want to make sure, do you have the little stub that stick out behind the airbag for cruise control (older 3rd gen), or is it a set of buttons on the side of the wheel? (newer 3rd gen w/ 3-spoke wheel)

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

stub behind the steering wheel

Comment

ok, to clarify, here's how the little stub works:

you push in the button at the end to activate the cruise control system. this does NOT mean cruise is ON, it merely means the cruise control is ready for use.

to SET the cruising speed, you push the stub DOWN, and a little green 'cruise' light should turn on in the gauge cluster, and cruise control should engage.

to ACCELERATE car using cruise control stub, push the stub UP, and the car will accelerate, release the stub and the car will cruise at the new speed.

to CANCEL the cruise, you can PULL on the stub, or just tap the brake.

yeah that's the general instruction on how to use the cruise control stub.

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

ok ill go try that, thanks.

Comment

well you got me interested in actually using the cruise tonight, so i was playing with it on the way to work just now, and i found out that, while you're cruising, if you push and HOLD DOWN on the stub, you will actually decelerate, and when you let go, it will cruise at the SLOWER speed you just decelerated to.

dang thing is tricky, but easy to use once you figure it out

oh yeah, you can either push up OR down and release on the stub to set the initial cruise speed.

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

and for each push of the accel or decel button it is equal to approx. 1mph!

Comment

we're talking about the stub on older 3rd gens, not buttons...

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Did it work?

Comment

haha yeah I was being a dumb ass and didnt realize you have to activate it THEN push down......I understand basically everything else about this car except the cruise haha, well thanks alot for the help

Comment

well we learn something new everyday now aren't we

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Dont feel dumb.
                          I didnt figure it out untill I had to take a three hour trip to the beach pretty useful in some situations.

I didnt figure out the auto down on the windows for a week, I was like duh push twice, tap lightly?

Comment

haha yeah

Comment

Working...
                            X