Question on Grilles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Grilles

Does anyone know if a 2001 Protege upper grille will fit on a 2000 Protege without any modifications?

Originally posted by Kastel22
    Does anyone know if a 2001 Protege upper grille will fit on a 2000 Protege without any modifications?
    I am not 100% positive, but I don't think it will. I looked at a how to on removing the grille and it was one on a 2000 model. The 2001s have less screws (2 to be exact) and 2-4 of plastic snap on kind.
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

Comment

i thought the placement of the Mazda emblem would throw it all off.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
      RB springs
      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
      MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Not without modifications, it won't fit.
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

as negatize said, without mod's, it won't fit.
          you could but the mazda embelem of 2001 on it and remove the 2000
          but, not the whole grill

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

thanks for the response guys....since you answered that question, how about the next in line... Do you know how much modifying it takes to slap on the 2001 grille on the 2000 pro? Or how would you just switch the emblem....there seems to be a flat piece on the old grille that is just the right size for the small emblem and doesn't seem like it would fit the big one. I bet you guys can tell that I like the look of the bigger emblem and am trying to find an easy way to put in a new grille with the 2001/2002 emblem on it....Does anyone have any other suggestions for something easy?

Comment

Originally posted by Kastel22
              thanks for the response guys....since you answered that question, how about the next in line... Do you know how much modifying it takes to slap on the 2001 grille on the 2000 pro? Or how would you just switch the emblem....there seems to be a flat piece on the old grille that is just the right size for the small emblem and doesn't seem like it would fit the big one. I bet you guys can tell that I like the look of the bigger emblem and am trying to find an easy way to put in a new grille with the 2001/2002 emblem on it....Does anyone have any other suggestions for something easy?
              i was wondering the exact same thing, i have a 2000 protege and i love the big M look of the 2001+ protos, so i was wondering if i can somehow just get the emblem from Ebay and affix to to the grill or something

Comment

I am not sure. The piece is "built" in to the plastic grill. I tried the gutter guards on it and noticed the emblem is all part of the 2001+ factory grill. The shiny part may be able to be popped off of the rest of the grill, but I am not sure.

Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
                  I am not sure. The piece is "built" in to the plastic grill. I tried the gutter guards on it and noticed the emblem is all part of the 2001+ factory grill. The shiny part may be able to be popped off of the rest of the grill, but I am not sure.
                  That is correct
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

anything is possible with duct tape
                    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
                      anything is possible with duct tape
                      lol

but, as Negatize has, he has slapped the 2001 emblem on the 2000 grill and looks tight. where did you get it from btw negatize?(the emblem)

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
                        That is correct
                        Yeah, I wasn't absolutely sure because I never tried it (no need to in my case). The disadvantage of the 2001+ unless it is a MP5, MSP, or MP3, is that there isn't much you can do to change the look unless you convert it to one of the three mentioned above.

Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by pro00
                          but, as Negatize has, he has slapped the 2001 emblem on the 2000 grill and looks tight. where did you get it from btw negatize?(the emblem)
                          Actually, it's a new grile altogether. The Sport20 bumper needs the Sport20 grille - my US spec grille won't fit up with the new bumper the right way.
                          Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

I know old thread, [I searched] but if anyone's got a stock '00 Protege grill emblem, I'm looking to buy it [the one you're all trying to replace]. Send me a pm please.
                            Check out my 4WD Compact Car thread.

Comment

Originally posted by blownb310 View Post
                              I know old thread, [I searched] but if anyone's got a stock '00 Protege grill emblem, I'm looking to buy it [the one you're all trying to replace]. Send me a pm please.
                              Why not post a WTB ad??
                              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
                              X