driving w/out MAF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

driving w/out MAF

to make a long story short, am i going to mess anything up driving without my MAF for a couple days? thanks for any help

Good luck in getting your car running without the MAF installed!
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

its actually running fine, it stalls if i dont give it any gas after i start it but other than that its alright, a little drop in power tho, im just wondering if im going to f up my engine

Comment

I can't believe it doesn't choke itself out immediately.

Comment

you'll probably end up ruining the MAF. is it still in the engine bay? or did you remove it completely? you're exposing it to elements it probably shouldnt be exposed to. if you removed it completely, being moved around, for instance if you drop it, or something stupid like that, you'll probably damage the sensor. why do you want to run without it? the car runs like crap without it.
          -mike lucero
          1988 Mazda 323 GTX
          2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

yes, it was damaged, but from an accident. the MAF was really messed up, i could barely drive it home. I replaced the air filter and piping w/ a high flow intake. I know i need to get another MAF but i also need to go to school this week and dont want to cause any more problems w/ my engine. Also, is there a website that i could get a new MAF at? Or is it going to be too sensitive for shipping?
            Last edited by Beancho; 03-11-2004, 08:46 AM.

Comment

You could try www.mazdastuff.com

Their prices are generally cheaper than what you would pay at your local dealer.
              02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
              MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
              MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
              Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
              MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
              Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
              Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
              Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
              Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
              Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
              Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
              Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
              Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

I promise it was running okay w/out the MAF in, Ive got no reason to lie. I drove to school and back today, bout 24 miles total, and it ran ok. Like I said It had a hard time starting, but if you gas it while starting it wouldnt stall, big drop in power tho. The good news is my friend had a mazda that he totaled, he kept the stock air intake. We dug thru some crap for like an hour and can accross the MAF. The problem is that the little plastic clip is broken off(the one that is on the left side, I dont think it has any use except maybe protection?). Then i installed it and its working great, no problems what so ever. Funny thing is how i rigged an intake, using the stock box i attached a pipe and high flow filter and ran it down to the gap in the bumper in the drivers side, its so ghetto its funny. Pics soon.
                \
                Btw its a 2000 dx 1.6l

Comment

Working...
                X