My 2000 Protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2000 Protege

Well I hope everyone gets a chance to see the pics now. Alot of hard work and money has gone into it. Next on my projects list is a full custom black and silver interior, and a 2000 watt system with Kicker L7's. I hope to find some way to customize the trunk so any suggestions are welcome.

i really like that body kit, where did you get it??
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

I got it from Octane Motorsports. It was $575 plus shipping. The kit came with a fixed shipping rate of $75.

Comment

freaking sweet man, thanks. what did it cost you to paint it??
        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
        225.94wtq
        torque monster!!!!
        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

$300

Comment

wow, nice pro

yeah ben get that ****, thats a nice looking kit

Comment

Wow, really sharp, I like it a lot
              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

As always, looking good!
                Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Very nice! I always liked silver cars for some reason, gives a nice clean look.
                  2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

The only negative thing about a silver car is that you can spend hours cleaning and waxing and it never looks as good as a black car. I can never get that mirror shine look.

Comment

as i've said before, i love your car. i can't wait to get the kit. i still have to decide about a spoiler, though. why are you going with L7's? i'm still not too impressed by them when compared to other speakers in the same price range. are you planning on running kicker amps too?

Comment

I mostly love them for the look, but those are only an option. I could very well go with a different sub in the end. What would you suggest, and remember I am not going for any kind of db drags or whatnot. I just want some hard hitting, good sounding subs. Plus I am going to fiberglass a box by the back seat so I need something that will fit nicely.

Comment

not going for any kind of dB drags? then why go with L7's? IMHO they lack SQ, and were designed to maximize cone area for higher SPL. not to mention they require a larger box. if you go with the minimum recomended size sealed box, you'll lose a lot low end bass for lower end subs, i love autotek mean machines. i had a 12, and it took me over a year to kill it the type R's are nice, especially for a good looking sub. course there's the standard ones that will blow away the L7's:
                          adire audio brahma, JL W7, A-series from ED. treo's are a bit pricey, but really sweet. sound stream's davinci looks petty cool, and it's supposed to sound really sweet. there are many more, depending upon your needs. post a thread in the audio section, detailing the size of enclosure you plan on using, prefered box, sealed, ported, etc. if you have amps, and size. and price range

Comment

i love your body kit. the car looks mint!!!
                            When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                            Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                            Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                            So his engine he goosed
                            With much too much boost,
                            And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions blue ledz. Like I said it was only a prelimenary thought, since I liked the look. I know very little to nothing about stereos so all of your input is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X