83 rx7 seats install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 rx7 seats install

So I got my hands on these seats for dirt cheap. Figured I would share, was told they're series 2 turbo seats but I'm not 100%. Driver seat bolted up perfectly passenger seat was about 1/2" longer and was ported with a dremal. I had to use a cutting disk as I broke 2 routing bits and 3 grinding bits. ( wish the manifold was made as strong as the rails) once the brackets are mounted you kinda have to play and pry to get the brackets bolted to the floor board as they are just a tiny bit more narrow driver seat was a pain in the ass

They're a little bit lighter and way more comfortable. But the side bolsters aren't nearly as big so they don't really "hug" you like the stock ones did but I'm willing to make that sacrifice for more comfortable ride which was what I wanted, also they look way better

If someone would like to donate a decent dash or this info feel free :D

Nice job man!

'85 Toyota Cressida 5-speed
    '88 Mazda 323 GT
    '88 Mazda 322 GTX
    '88 323 GT
    '88 323 GTX

Comment

Look similar to the RX7 ones i had except mine were all in cloth and red. And i agree with all you said, they were lighter, more comfortable and the bolsters are non-existent. They ended up coming out the car and one got turned into a computer chair. still got the other on in my loft.

Oh found a pic in my photobucket, they were a bit ghastly and didnt really go with the interior, but i sacrificed looks for comfort. :D

Comment

Yes the red defiantly throws it off. But they do look similar except for the head rests but that could just be the different angles

Comment

i gather they are nice & plush?
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
            i gather they are nice & plush?
            For the most part, I'm pretty sure they were never even broke in. They've been sitting around for a long time. But they're not by any means Buick plush

Comment

Those look good and fit the car well.

Comment

Working...
              X