size of rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

size of rims

well im thinking about getting 18s and i wasnt sure if they will fit , i found a website that says that they will fit, but asking a few people they say that they wont fit, when my friend had 17s it seemd like there was enough room for the 18s.....

but does anyone have 18s on there car or have tried, or no for sure that they Dont fit or they Do fit,,

if you have a low profile tire (35 or 40), they should fit (if you get the right offset), but if you want to keep decent acceleration and gas mileage, you'll stay away from 18's.
    Tito Cruz
    '94 Pro DX
    Cali Air National Guard - 163rd ARW

Comment

They will fit but saucy you really have to ask your self what do you want out of your car. If you plan on doing

Suspension work. 18’s are not going to help you. Tito is right- just stay way, 18 rims and **** is just a trend right now. Just like when 12 and 13’s where in.

Let me know what you want to do to your car in the long run.
      Koroma
      91 323BG-----------------------
      Intax springs,PRM Air Intake
      ST Swaybars, Front upperstrut bar, 15' Prime, Advanced Timing, 2.25 inch-Cat back, Flowmaster, Indiglo gauges, Custom Taillight config

Next Stage
      J-SPEC GTX kit,Brembo Brake Kit

Comment

the one and only reason i will never get 17's for my protege.. the price of replacing the tires i like spending 45 bucks on a tire that i'll get some decent useage out of, instead of 100 dollar cheapy 17's tires...imho
        peace

Comment

yeah i pay like 55- 60 bucks for my 15' Mich and you got to get those out of state.
          if i had 17 or 18 hell i'd never use them there just to expensive to replace.
          hell the Mich i have on now cost me $55 year or so ago, and now there $125 a pop.
          Last edited by Koroma; 09-23-2003, 12:50 AM.
          Koroma
          91 323BG-----------------------
          Intax springs,PRM Air Intake
          ST Swaybars, Front upperstrut bar, 15' Prime, Advanced Timing, 2.25 inch-Cat back, Flowmaster, Indiglo gauges, Custom Taillight config

Next Stage
          J-SPEC GTX kit,Brembo Brake Kit

Comment

Originally posted by demoninvictus
            the one and only reason i will never get 17's for my protege.. the price of replacing the tires i like spending 45 bucks on a tire that i'll get some decent useage out of, instead of 100 dollar cheapy 17's tires...imho
            peace
            ????

My Kumho's were around $200 for the set of 4, that's not bad at all for 17s. I think 17s are cheap.

I think I want smaller rims though anyway
            Dan
            dreesemonkey

Comment

my khumo's were about 80 bucks shipped each , so I paid 320 for them .. which is still cheap for 16's .
              As for 18's ,.. yes they will fit, as long as your offset is right and you get the right size tire.

I wouldn't get 18's though. Your acceleration will be really crappy. It will be a thing that is only looks. I am going for lightweight 15's on my Protege and I am going to keep it like that.
              Bruce
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
              X