Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Respectable shop..........????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Respectable shop..........????

Hey does anyone know of a respectable shop I could go to with my car? Here is my problem, on a trip up to Tampa I blew a flat doing around 90. the tire that blew is was my rear tire. My car came out fine, but attempting to change the rear tire the triple A driver broke a stud on my rear hub. I called the dealership today and they said a new stud is $6. When I was transfered to the service dept. ( I have a warranty) they said that the replacement of the stud will run me $100 + tax and it's not covered by the warranty being that it was broken by an outside entity and not the fault of the dealer or the manufacturer. I find that just ridiculous. From what I'm thinking it's just to remove the tire and the rotor and insert the new stud. So if anyone can reccomend a good shop please let me know. If you have any info on my ordeal, please let me know. In case you might need to call me you can call me at (954)775-4445 and if you have a nextel my direct connect is159*92229*1 . So if you have any info give me a shout.
    Dean

No Pro, No go! Damn it man!!

call another dealer and tell them it broke off by itself or something. in any case, if you end up paying for it out of your pocket, call AAA and bitch at them. they will most likely either pay you back or return your fee for that year. which btw makes me wonder, why you called AAA and not mazda? mazda has free roadside assistance for the duration of the warranty.
    <B>Dima</B>
    Intense Performance
    South Florida Mazda Club

<a href="http://www.ipmcsfl.com">http://www.ipmcsfl.com</a>

http://streamlounge.blogspot.com/

2002 Protege5 2.0L Zoom Car
    1987 Mustang 2.3Lx Pony Car

"Never **** with Mother Nature,
    Mother Law and Mother Phreaking
    Ukrainians" - Skinny Pete - 'Italian Job'

"Скорость ето страсть...Скорость ето жизнь..." - Мираж

Comment

I have a great guy at a great shop for you and everyone else in the club. U need to mention i sent you and tell him you're in the Mazda club along with what car you drive etc.
      He will then contact me to confirm that you really are in the club so that not anybody can go over there claiming to be a member to get a better deal.
      The place is Lentz Auto and owned by Maurice & his dad. It WAS on University, just south of griffin, but they moved to 441... call for directions.
      Tim from our club, Angel from Selective Styles and a girl i work with (Kira) go there with full confidence.
      They are not very busy most days. Number is 954.252.2222

NOTE: This guy is the only mechanic both Kira and I trust with her WRX and my 323 in South Florida for the time being!
      Ex-Officer: INTENSE Performance Mazda Club of South Florida

JDM nut & AutoXer: 1992 Blaze Red Mazda 323 S
      262,000 miles and kickin... and got some wicked new goodies recently...

BP Engine Build: Soon... Engine on the garage floor, parts on order

"Ever seen a 323 on Anthracite 17" OZ Superleggeras?!?!
      ...... and more importantly ever seen one with matching 15" Superleggeras for Autox??"

Comment

Thanks Vlad, I can always depend on you and Dima for information. I'll give the place a call tomorrow.
        Dean

No Pro, No go! Damn it man!!

Comment

Since the shop has moved, the number seems to have changed. I am not sure but will let you all know as soon as i find out.
          Sorry about the miscommunication Dean.....
          Ex-Officer: INTENSE Performance Mazda Club of South Florida

JDM nut & AutoXer: 1992 Blaze Red Mazda 323 S
          262,000 miles and kickin... and got some wicked new goodies recently...

BP Engine Build: Soon... Engine on the garage floor, parts on order

"Ever seen a 323 on Anthracite 17" OZ Superleggeras?!?!
          ...... and more importantly ever seen one with matching 15" Superleggeras for Autox??"

Comment

Working...
          X