Invader hood on the pro???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invader hood on the pro???

So what do you guys think about this idea of mine?

I've allready made the mould for the scoop, now I just gotta re-inforce the bottom (it only has one layer of fiber-glass at the moment)

Then fiber glass it onto my stock hood.....don't know when I'll have time to do it, but will definately post pics when I get it on there....Then after the re-paint...

I have the paint and everything allready just waiting on a good opertunity on the front bumer, I am actually thinking about shooting it with the stock front bumper I dont think that it looks that bad, then after i get another front Bodykit bumper molding that bia on, shaving the doors, adding a spoiler, then re-shooting it Kameleon (Green to Blue (like the Civic SI Blue) We have a 00 model civic w/ kit that we are going to be spraying Kameleon (purple to green) coming in on monday I allready got the paint it's pimp...

here's a pic of my mould...
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Tweeaks
    So what do you guys think about this idea of mine?

I've allready made the mould for the scoop, now I just gotta re-inforce the bottom (it only has one layer of fiber-glass at the moment)

Then fiber glass it onto my stock hood.....don't know when I'll have time to do it, but will definately post pics when I get it on there....Then after the re-paint...

I have the paint and everything allready just waiting on a good opertunity on the front bumer, I am actually thinking about shooting it with the stock front bumper I dont think that it looks that bad, then after i get another front Bodykit bumper molding that bia on, shaving the doors, adding a spoiler, then re-shooting it Kameleon (Green to Blue (like the Civic SI Blue) We have a 00 model civic w/ kit that we are going to be spraying Kameleon (purple to green) coming in on monday I allready got the paint it's pimp...

here's a pic of my mould...
    I found a picture of a 323 with a similar hood, doesn't look too bad IMO:

2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Yeah I was thinking about that EVO scoop, but you can actually buy a hood scoop like that..I've searched and couldn't find any scoops just scoops like the invader one, so it'll be harder to replicate on another pro...

But yeah I like that 323 that scoop looks sic

Comment

Well I have it molded to the hood with one layer of fiberglass mat, oh and a few self-tapping screws lol..

I will post more pics as it progresses, here are a few..

This is what I had to do to prep the hood...
        Attached Files

Comment

YEah about the bubbles on the left side, I didn't let the resin Cure very long and wanted to go home (it was about 4 in the morning) so I just drove my car with the hood on. Everywhere that is sanded on is where it bubbled up like that I am taking out the bubbles and re-doing it right now

Comment

i think it will look good where did u get that scoop if u dont mind me askin ya ?
            1998 black protege, erebuni kit, 17in white eagle alloy rims, 5 percent tint all around, apex'i N1 exhaust, green street glow kit(gold series), Front And Rear Strut bars. JDM tail lights, clear corners. Katzkin interior(black & white). two 4-point evo harnesses, custom eye kids, Hid's, All custom two toned black and white interior...painted calipers and drums(black) HKS duel intake...Panasonic headunit..pioneer inside speakers..1100 watt splash amp..mtx box..two 12in kenwoon tornado subs..two 12in streetglow neaons under dash (green)PLANS FOR 07...2 toned paint job..2in drop erebuni lip spoiler and grill...Custom hood CF or fiber glass still thinking...and if eveything goes well Turbo..

Comment

As stated in the first post I made it my self...I moulded it offa another hood..

Comment

Originally posted by Tweeaks
                Yeah I was thinking about that EVO scoop, but you can actually buy a hood scoop like that..I've searched and couldn't find any scoops just scoops like the invader one, so it'll be harder to replicate on another pro...

What I meant was you can only buy the invader hood, not just the hood scoop itself..

Comment

i think that if you take your time an dont rush it.. it coudl look really bitchin.. esp if u made it functional.. but then that woudl mean you'd have to put it over to the one side an they look stupid liek that IMO
                  Pewter Silver 92 DX 5 Spd 1.8L SOHC
                  -Stainless steel MagnaFlow exhaust with a double walled tip.
                  -205/50/15 Bridgestone Potenza RE910 rubber
                  -B&M Short Throw Shifter
                  -MX-3 GS front seats
                  -Front an Rear upper strut braces

(LOOKING FOR A CAI FOR MY SOHC !!!!)
                  (GT-X on the way as I type)

Comment

Nice work

Comment

wow, that actually looks bitchin! good luck w/ it.
                      i hate being broke!

Comment

good luck man. anyone else and i would doubt its ability to come out well

Comment

Thanks guys, this weekend I'm gonna try and finish up the fiberglass and start in with the bondo....

Comment

looking good man, it coming along, it will look kick as when its done. nice work
                            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                            225.94wtq
                            torque monster!!!!
                            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Trust me it's looks great i made it for my car but its without paint on my closet so i never put it but when my friend made it a was like ooooooooh sh|t this is real? trust me it looks nice

Comment

Working...
                              X