BF rear wheel bearings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF rear wheel bearings?

SO, I've just reassembled some spare rear hubs, with new rotors, and of course new bearings.

The bearing tension is set by tightening the hub nut, and measuring the rotational force required to turn the hub.

Now, with the nut completely loose, I'm finding I still need over 1kg of force to rotate the hub....

Is this right? The recommended figure is 0.26 - 0.87kg with the nut tight, so I assume I'd add this to the initial drag I've found? even though this drag seems rather high?

Thanks!

When I did the rear wheel bearings on my BF, I just torqued the nut to the spec listed in the FSM. I specifically remember, as I had to buy a new torque wrench that would torque in both directions due to the left hand threaded nut on one side.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2
    sigpic
    1992 Familia GT-X
    1988 323 GTX
    2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
    2014 Civic Touring

Comment

The directions I've read say to torque it to 25-29Nm, turn the hub around a few times by hand, then release the nut again, then measure the drag using a spring scale, then tighten the nut till you measure 0.26 - 0.87kg more than the original drag you measured was...

I dont think simply tightening the nuts to that torque is a very good idea... :p

Comment

Lol. I guess I did it wrong.
        sigpic
        1992 Familia GT-X
        1988 323 GTX
        2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
        2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Worst case is the wheel bearing will seize up while driving

I've had the front wheel bearing do that.... and had a tie rod end fall out... all good fun! lol

Comment

I have always just torqued the nut on with no issues. As long as you have not mixed up the spacers you will be fine.

Comment

This is the rear, there are no spacers.

Comment

Comment

Ah FWD....I have AWD'S

Comment

Working...
                  X