Launching numbers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Launching numbers...

Ok well last night(mornig) i went out and had some fun...Well a couple of months ago i learned where to launch my car wheniwas out on this ocuntry road. But, last nite i was launching at 3500rpms and just anhilating ppl of the line...it was nasty, i even jumped a half a car length on a Sr 240 coupe...until he got his boost, and it was over. But the other NA cars(ricey grand prix-early model celica-99 Stupid EX), i killed out of the hole..and just left them form there...But my question is what is everyones launching numbers off the line?

And yes Street racing is bad, but ehh it happens..

Lol
    Eat ****.

Comment

street racing kills, take it to the track!

93' 5spd DX
      R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by protegebob
        street racing kills, take it to the track!
        Track racing kills too.
        -Robert
        '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

Originally posted by SpoolinPro93
          Track racing kills too.
          i don't read about innocent people losing there lives at a track night. a track is a controlled enviroment if anyone is going die it's going be you or the other driver not some kid who was just going over to his girls house and had nothing to do with any street racing. i've lost one friend to street racing and that was one friend too many.

93' 5spd DX
          R.I.P

Comment

I launch from the hole 3500, but usually run from 2nd gear 4200.
            own: 91'323 w/ angel eye projectors & 1.8 DOHC all motor

Comment

Street racing is very very bad, but i would worry about the diot drving drunk home on the weekend than some street racers...anyways back on topic..

yea 3500 is i think the magic number.....

Comment

Who wants to live forever anyway? Race on.
                ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by protegebob
                  i don't read about innocent people losing there lives at a track night.
                  You obviously dont read enough then.
                  Gimme a day or so I will find a vid I downloaded of a track car hitting the wall at 130 and jumping into the crowd.

Dont mean to be an ass, but just b/c you haven't read about it doesnt mean its not true. I had a friend lose his life at the track like that.
                  The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                    You obviously dont read enough then.
                    Gimme a day or so I will find a vid I downloaded of a track car hitting the wall at 130 and jumping into the crowd.

Dont mean to be an ass, but just b/c you haven't read about it doesnt mean its not true. I had a friend lose his life at the track like that.

ONE incident doesn't mean it's not the better choice.

Just because ONE person was injured MORE by an airbag doesn't make the airbag a bad device.

Street racing is ****ing retarded. The end. Anymore talk of it will get this thread closed.
                    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                    -93 MR2, 129 ES
                    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Heres a picture of a Protege at the track with slicks
                      own: 91'323 w/ angel eye projectors & 1.8 DOHC all motor

Comment

i tried to launch at 3k when i raced my friends legend and we were just head on.
                        Raced again this time i launched at 3,500rpm and i got him off the line about 1-1/2 cars ahead of him. This is with a ghetto 14" rims. I now have a 15" Falken azenis i'll try to launch at 3,800 at the track in two weeks i'll let u guys know how it is.

Comment

3500 is a killer launch...

Comment

Working...
                          X