Mounting temp. senders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting temp. senders?

I tried this in the third gen egine/drivetrain with no luck.

I will be mounting temp sensors to measure oil and water temps next week.

I was thinking of mounting the water in the thermostat housing and the oil temp sender off of the oil feed line fitting.

Any ideas?

PS - I have a 2001 MP3, with the Flyin' Protege turbo kit...
    "Hey look at me, I'm stupid as hell and can't even breath properly, little alone read!" - Master Shake
    2001 Mazda Protege MP3, with Flyin' Protege Turbo Kit

www.triplezoom.com

Originally posted by StuttersC
    I tried this in the third gen egine/drivetrain with no luck.

I will be mounting temp sensors to measure oil and water temps next week.

I was thinking of mounting the water in the thermostat housing and the oil temp sender off of the oil feed line fitting.

Any ideas?

PS - I have a 2001 MP3, with the Flyin' Protege turbo kit...
    Im alittle vague on what you mean about the water temp sender. Do you mean putting it where the stock water temp sender is? If so it could be done but then you may have to trouble shoot some issues with the stock sender not reading anything. Im not sure about 3rd gens but i know my 2ndgen water temp sender sends codes to the ecu that play with the MAF and stuff. Leaving it unplugged would mess with my air/fuel and so on. As for the oil temp sender you could just modify the flyin miata oil feeder at the back of the block and plug it in. It depends alot on what kind of water/oil temp gauges you are using.......If you give some more information I could help you out more.
    sigpic

Comment

The water temp sender will be mounted in the thermostat housing.

The water neck, where the stock senosr is, would require to much digging to get in there good. The stock sensor is also bigger than the sender I have now. The senders I have now are from Westach, same as the gauge.

And the oil fitting where the oil feed line is exactly where i will draw my oil temp from.

What more info do you need?
      "Hey look at me, I'm stupid as hell and can't even breath properly, little alone read!" - Master Shake

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

You generally want the hottest point closest to the head so you get a true reading of whats going in there. The water temp can be tapped into the housing, but I usually go with a custom "T" in the upper radiator hose. As for the oil temp, I'd go with the Pressure sending unit "T".
        -Braden
        '05 WRX

GTX Groupbuy is Closed! However you can still pick up a GTX motor for only $925!!! PM me for order details!

Comment

I was thinking about the "T" fitting for the upper radiator hose, but it is a PITA to find the correct size "T" fitting set up I would need.

Do you have a source the upper radiator hose turboge??

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

I picked up a upper radiator hose from Mazda for like $11. Then go to home depot with your water temp sensor and piece it all together in the plumbing section, takes a few minutes but works out nice.
            -Braden
            '05 WRX

GTX Groupbuy is Closed! However you can still pick up a GTX motor for only $925!!! PM me for order details!

Comment

Working...
            X