bf suspension cure anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bf suspension cure anyone??

have a 1987 323 3door hatch with drum rear is there anyone on this page that knows whether there is a sub frame or hub that can be swapped over to my rear suspension of the car to give better options on struts? currently running ground control sleeve overs and completely fed up with ride quality on kyb struts. i have searched everywhere trying to find anyone who has done different set ups coilover wise and nobody that has done a different set up is willing to divulge how they set it up?? any information regarding what if any subframe will bolt up would be appreciated !Click image for larger version

Name:	1015916_4447096595438_1055558698_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	240.5 KB
ID:	1271231

About the only thing you can do is make your own. Find a suitable size insert of a quality brand and put them into your strut body. Yes....this will entail some skilled fab work but there just are not many, if any, good options for the FWD BF's. Although, I was thinking about using BF AWD rear knuckles (if you can find some) and disc brakes with an outer cv stub ( a front axle stub would do) as the axle and digging out some of my old Tokico Dirtra strut housings and fill them with the 5 way adjustable Illumina inserts. I am pretty sure this will work as the AWD knuckle has the mounting point for the trailing arm whereas the FWD has the mount on the bottom of the strut. You could also try and shove a BG rear sub frame under there.

Comment

what about the ride quality do you not like? too bouncy? too stiff? too much body roll?

i was told that the rear sub frame from a mercury capri(90-94) will bolt in which will give you rear disc brakes and more alignment adjustments but unfortunately it has very limited strut options as well. i was told the rear struts on the capri are interchangeable with the BF not sure what the difference is but the part numbers are different.
      i know its a piece of crap... but im still faster...

Comment

No need to swap the Capri rear sub frame. The disc setup bolts in....same as the GT.

Comment

When I owned my 88 BF I did a lot of digging into using BG suspension stuff.. I still haven't seen it done, but all the comparisons I did showed that it would be possible to use a BG rear brake set up, using BG rear latteral links, knuckle, hub(brake set up) and strut... You would need to run a BF rear upper strut mount though...

For the front you can run BG shocks/springs with a BF upper strut mount... This opens up your options for suspension.. I am pretty sure you can use the BG spindle set up as well.. This would convert the whole car over to 4x100 bolt pattern and open up your options for rim/tire combos as well...

My BF was written off before I could do the swap unfortunately... I had all the parts for it though... If you do a search you'll also find a post of mine where I do a big comparison between BF/BG and BF 4wd struts and stuff..

Comment

Working...
          X