Ugly body moulding??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugly body moulding??

I have a white first gen, and I think the black body moulding stripes are really ugly looking. Anyways, I was thinking about filling in the little grooves with body filler, sanding it down evenly, and painting it back to the original white. Has anyone used the body filler? Ive never used it, or done much body work at all. Any tips would be cool! Thanks
    Eat ****.

it actually looks pretty good if you just paint those mouldings body color, i know there is a number of people on here that have done that.

93' 5spd DX
    R.I.P

Comment

if you think about it, that's alot of bondo! bondo cracks over time, and i don't think you want to keep filling it. if you want to do it, get someone to weld strips to replace the molds, then use the bondo for the imperfections. ive worked with bondo, i personally wouldn't use that much. the side would take about 8 cans of the small ****. or paint it, that would look good too.
      i hate being broke!

Comment

am i the only person who likes those? oh well.
        Tag Team

Comment

I think it depends on the color of your car... And if your car is clean or not.. he he
          1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
          1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
          2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
          2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

I just took the side molding off. Several people have just paintd over them.
            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Working...
            X