1.6l cams and pulley's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.6l cams and pulley's?

what cams and pullys will fit the 00 protege 1.6l dohc i got a wad of cash and this is what i would like to get? also is there a header out for the 1.6L if not what would fit on the 2000 pr0tege 1.6l for a header like any other types ex:off the miata? plz help

how bout share that was of cash? One of the best ways to get horsepower fast is of course turbo. You can always cheat and spray but I wouldnt say so. As for the headers, cams, and pulleys. I have never seen them for our cars.
    My OLD Car

Comment

so nothing world fit.not even something from another 1.6l mazda?or how bout a header from another car? or would i have to get one costom made?would the pullies from the mazda speed fit? plz i need more power then just an intake and exhaust maybe ill buy a high flow cat too will that give me and more power?if not whats the price for a turbo?

Comment

Your best bet would be the turbo he is talking about. it's kinda the only road for the 1.6 guys you can do the spray but it's cheat and you wont get a hole lota hp outa it.

The 1.6, i'm thinking, is the bastard child of the protege's, it's seem like a entirely different engine from any others. and almost nothing engine wise is interchangable.

I think i seen some cheap low quality headers out there but no cams or cam gears =( You might be able to get some stuff custom made but i don't know anything about that
        sigpic
        1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
        1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
        2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

Dont they have the AWR header for the 1.6? I think so. There are no cams or pulleys avail. Intake,header,exhaust,NAAAWZZ, or all out Turbo.
          You say PO-TAY-TOE.......I say **** you!

Comment

I think the turbo is more cost effective. but you have to hand out the cash or get a loan. With all that little bolt-on stuff you're pretty much good portion of the way to collecting waht you need for the turbo.
            sigpic

Comment

no awr header for the 1.6L that i have heard of

Comment

so whats the average cost for a turbo? i got 1600 saved up where could i find one? and also if i upgrade to the mp3 mass air flow sencor will that give me some more power?

Comment

smoomz.. best place for you to look is EssentialSpeed.. they're in Canada, so no conversion rates or anything.
                  although they only offer the turbo for the 2.0l model. they have turbos from 1.6l hyundais, so i'm sure they could adapt that technology to your car.. you're best to save up an extra $2000, though.
                  or you can build one up yourself for about CDN$2000-2500. (depends on tranny 'n such)

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                  RB springs
                  Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                  MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

so i could get a turbo from another car at the junk yard and a header off the 1.6l pro thats there and give the header to my father and see if he can build a plat for it and try from there would that work building my own costom job?

Comment

um. yeah.. fat chance finding a working turbo in a junkyard, though
                      ebay is your best bet... and even then, it's a push.
                      if your car is ATx... you need a tranny cooler and/or a new reinforced tranny.
                      there's a hella lot more involved, too... maybe try searching the site. i think there's a few 1.6l people looking to turbo in the next 3-6 months.

RB springs
                      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

i was looking at the 2.0l nonintercooled system and i think it would work on the 1.6 just need to get a custom turbo manifold made for it but my dad would be able to do that if i payed him to humm what do u think? i need some apinuons cause i have never done a turbo before

Comment

its an 5speed in my car

Comment

that would probably work.
                            but honestly.. consult the forum.. i know Proto2k is looking to get a turbo on his 1.6l...
                            there's tons of info on clubprotege.. so just get reading.. you have LOTS of that ahead of you.
                            i'm a slow learner when reading (i only learn through kinaesthetics) so i'm starting now, hoping to understand enough to install my own in 2005.

RB springs
                            Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Turbo for your 1.6 protege.

they have pictures of the turbo kit in a Protgege but no Prices, i believe they quoted me like $22500 but i can't remember what it was. there is some info about dyno testing somewhere on this site i think. What i remember it was like 160-170hp on the dyno w/o intercooler at 6 psi boost

I'm sure this isn't what your going to get with the kit. the engine bay here i'm sure is a little "dressed up" but who knows?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by .Zero; 03-16-2004, 05:11 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X