spark plug cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spark plug cover?

anyone know if there is a spark plug cover made for a mazda engine? like the honda one? let me know if anyone has made one

Spark plug cover? I'm not sure what you mean?

Comment

that would be what he's talking about, you would need to have one custom fabbed, machine shop/metalworker could get it done.
      95 ES
      05 S60R

Comment

Um, well I doubt they make a valve cover for the protege . It ain't called a spark plug cover, but its called a spark plug cover. I'm not sure what you would be able to do. You maybe can find a place to custom build you one or paint it
        Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

I doubt there is one for our cars, but its very good idea. There is always dirt around my spark plugs, but I cannot see my car right now, so I have no idea how one would hook it up to the valve cover.
          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

unfortunately nothing for the 1.5, however there is one, but only for the 1.8 miata valve cover. i'll have pics this weekend of it installed.
            Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
            FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
            Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

thanks for the info

Comment

You say their is a valve cover made specifically for the miata? And I know the motors from the miata and the EX protege are the same (1.8l) but since the miata is rear wheel drive, the motor does not sit the same way as the protege motor. Will the valve cover fit?

Comment

Check that out. Someone polished their valve cover by themselves hrm.... maybe someone should buy lots of valve covers and polish them by hand and sell them!

Comment

ok i'm confused by torpedos comment that there is no valve cover for the 1.5L engine... all engines must have one and what do you mean by "its not called a spark plug cover, its called a spark plug cover"...
                    ... out of curiousity how much difference is there between the 1.8L valve cover and the 1.5L one... i know the underside is different but if the top is the same then couldn't we have spark plug covers made for both engines? do a group buy ... i saw one a while ago for the first gens 1.8L engine so i'm sure we could do one for the 1.5L/1.8L engine
                    In the Garage
                    Black 93 MX-3 GS
                    Bp powered
                    GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
                    MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

LOL My bad. I didn't know i screwed up.. I meant its not called a spark plug cover its called a valve cover my bad.

"Um, well I doubt they make a valve cover for the protege "
                      When I said that, i also meant they do not create aftermarket valve covers. You know, like the polished ones you'll see on popular hondas and stuff. So you'll have to do it.... manually

Comment

Originally posted by protegeboy78
                        ok i'm confused by torpedos comment that there is no valve cover for the 1.5L engine... all engines must have one and what do you mean by "its not called a spark plug cover, its called a spark plug cover"...
                        ... out of curiousity how much difference is there between the 1.8L valve cover and the 1.5L one... i know the underside is different but if the top is the same then couldn't we have spark plug covers made for both engines? do a group buy ... i saw one a while ago for the first gens 1.8L engine so i'm sure we could do one for the 1.5L/1.8L engine
                        ok, the 1.5L and 1.8L valve covers ARE different. no arguments there, no need to go into details.
                        Almost there

jdm tails... check
                        jdm bumper... check
                        ms lip... check
                        ms grill... check
                        ms sideskirts... check
                        ms rear skirts... check
                        ms spoiler... check
                        ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                        Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by 97LXZ5
                          anyone know if there is a spark plug cover made for a mazda engine? like the honda one? let me know if anyone has made one
                          ok, in this link...

...the shiny thing with the letters "dohc 16-valve, mazda" that's the valve cover.
                          between those letters/words, theres a "cover" covering the spark plugs & wires, therfore the name "spark plug cover".
                          sorry none for the 1.5
                          this thread is depressing...
                          Almost there

jdm tails... check
                          jdm bumper... check
                          ms lip... check
                          ms grill... check
                          ms sideskirts... check
                          ms rear skirts... check
                          ms spoiler... check
                          ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                          Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

torpedo he wasn't asking about the valve cover he was asking about the spark plug wire cover in the center... so he was asking about the correct thing... i'm sure you can find some place to make one or offer to do a group buy as i mentioned earlier... they are a nice addition to an engine as far as looks go
                            In the Garage
                            Black 93 MX-3 GS
                            Bp powered
                            GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
                            MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

actually i was the one to ask about the spark plug cover

Comment

Working...
                              X