Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

new header!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new header!

so installed a stainless steel race header all went well both 02 sensors went right in exhaust bolted right up ,however am having a problem with egr tube... the place to mount it is there, but tube is at different angle and not quite long enough.... don't want to relocate inlet think I can cut tube and put in a flex tube so I can swap back to stock cat set up when need to do smog,got to love cali!!!lol anyone know where to find that kind of flex tubing???

local hardware store. or your large chain stores (lowes/home depot/etc)
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

thanks for imput,

Comment

tried hardware store, no go been looking online for high temp flexible tubing found a few retailers but most sell in bulk!just need maybe 6inches maybe less? Am at a loss....

Comment

Well.... egr isn't. Required. Mines not even connected to the manifold anymore. And no cel

Perhaps you can just weld shut the manifold side. & leave the egr be
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

I plugged the header so no exhaust leak at header, but do get dtc from tube going to egr?

Comment

also have stock manifold and cat to put back on for smog test in 2014

Comment

Dtc??

Comment

trouble code check engine light I clear the code daily but is annoying!

Comment

any pictures of your install? I left mine open with the threaded portion cut out of the stock manifold & just hanging there ( no codes as of yet )

Comment

no I can take some of it installed tommorow tho and sho you ,how do I get pics in gallery?

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                        any pictures of your install? I left mine open with the threaded portion cut out of the stock manifold & just hanging there ( no codes as of yet )
                        love my mazda....she loves me back.

Comment

Originally posted by pain4all View Post
                          no I can take some of it installed tommorow tho and sho you ,how do I get pics in gallery?
                          your welcome PM has a link - but per ease ........... http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...e-to-your-post

Comment

new project, steering wheel swap pretty much understand safety part but does anybody know if I should also disconnect my capasitor also? or if just the battery enough ?

Comment

Working...
                            X