new rims need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new rims need help

hey i just got some adr rivals that are 17x7 with a 40 mm offset and was wondering wut size tires i can use on my first gen and i dont have any real drop. im getting the rims in like a week so i need to get tires pretty soon. so if anyone can help itll be appreciated
    i is dumb

205/40/17's son...

Same size wheels and Tires I have, from the info I recieived from everyone else on this site, there are NO rubbing problems... I also used a tire calculator and found that the speed traveled with the new wheels and tires at 70mph with old setup is about 71mph with the new wheels and tires.
    1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
    1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
    2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
    2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

yeah thats wut i was thinking but i was just trying to see if any one had any beter suggestions but thanx
      i is dumb

Comment

I've had both 205/40/17 and 205/45/17 tires with a ~ 1" Eibach drop and have had no problems whatsoever.
        -------------------------
        '91 LX
        '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
        -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
        well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

cool thanx
          i is dumb

Comment

Low profiles tyres should be ok....

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
            hey i just got some adr rivals that are 17x7 with a 40 mm offset and was wondering wut size tires i can use on my first gen and i dont have any real drop. im getting the rims in like a week so i need to get tires pretty soon. so if anyone can help itll be appreciated
            Hey there,
            from my opinion, u should try 215/40/17 or just incase u have lowered ur car 215/35/17 will be just fine, dude.....

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
              I would say, get a 215/40/17 tire... 205/40/17 is ok, but the ride will be pretty rough.. I mean it will be ruff regardless but you get the idea.

Don't bother with 205/45/17 ... uhh uhh that's to much sidewall..
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

cool thanx bruce
                i is dumb

Comment

I wish i had 215/40/17's... A wider tire would be niiiiiiiice... and maybe I wouldnt scratch the rims when parking... hmmm...

MeeN
                  1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
                  1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
                  2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
                  2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Working...
                  X