88 mazda 323

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88 mazda 323

Hey guys I got my 323 mazda 1988 I just some info on it since I cant stand a stock car it is the base model. Has no sunroof fwd 4 speed manual 1.6 sohc n/a. Came stock with no passenger side mirror. No radio or antenna. No tachometer. No console around the shifter just a ugly looking boot going to the floor. The gas tank door needs a key to open. Rear defrost dont work. I dont know how to upload pics but its blue hatchback has a little rust on the fenders. I want to turbo the sohc but upgrade that 4 speed tranny to a 5 speed I dont know alot about these cars but a little about mazda. Since I own 3 rx7s 1st gens. I want to upgrade suspension ect.. as much as I can

88 mazda 323

First, upgrade your bodywork. Fenders are the most irrelevant problem as rust is concerned.
    Tip: check rear strut mount and walls, doorstep(utter front and rear, both sides of car), floor corners, tire trunk, rails at the rear end, and floor-fender inside joint. Btw, when I say check, I actualy mean take a flat screwdriver and poke those areas.
    You're welcome.

Comment

You are in luck. Crazypunkerguy is parting his wrecked GT. Do not waste your time and money on that powertrain you have. Grab the GT and swap it all into your car and call it done. The B6t and the G series tranny will get you down the road with a smile on your face. Better act quick before one of the Festiva guys jumps on it. Look in the FS section here.

Comment

+1 on the GT B6T swap. Years ago I built up a B6 SOHC and modified it as a turboed engine. I used it for bartering once I luckily ran into a GT for sale. To this day, I wonder how that motor would have done. I know it wouldn't have produced near what my B6T puts out, but it still would have been nice to learn what my handy work might have produced. The "not knowing" part keeps me awake at night.....

Seriously, I have a center console from my GT laying around if you are interested. PM me and we can negotiate.

Also, I went with the Intrax lowering springs and have been super happy. Don't know if any are still available. Good luck on whatever route you pick.

Comment

Working...
        X