grille removal 99-00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grille removal 99-00

how do you get that damn thing off? i want to make a new mesh grille and i want that damn mazda symbol gone!
    a.k.a. benf000

support your local punk rock scene!

Check the How-To section...I have a thread on how to remove the front bumper/grille.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

im an idiot.
      a.k.a. benf000

Comment

actually, i just read that. not quite what im trying to do. i need to remove the top grille. with the symbol in it. i think it can be done without removing the bumper, but i don't want to break it.
        a.k.a. benf000

Comment

Originally posted by benzero
          actually, i just read that. not quite what im trying to do. i need to remove the top grille. with the symbol in it. i think it can be done without removing the bumper, but i don't want to break it.
          when you take your bumper off there are 3 clips that hold it onto the bumper snap them off. (they are attached to the bottom of the grill and the top of the bumper. After that it should pop right off.

Im sure it can be done w/o removing the bumper. Just pull the top of it back somewhat and use a screwdriver to get at the clips....Actually I have done it before.
          Here are some pics. Sorry so large.

This is what it looks like when you pull the bumper away.
          Last edited by Motegi; 09-11-2003, 12:08 PM.
          Sagaris

Comment

okay cool. thanks. ill try that tommorrow afternoon. (hopefully....please, please, please let it by dry by then...)
            a.k.a. benf000

Comment

Hey thanks guys, I've been wantin' to do this a while now and I kinda knew how to do it but I wasn't entirely sure. I didn't want to break anything if you know what I mean. But is puttin' the grille back on as easy as takin' it off? And I mean without takin' off the whole bumper?

Comment

It should be the reverse of removing it. Not hard at all.
                Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Ok. Hey Negatize, I must say, I've been checkin' out your ride for some time now and there has been some nice improvements. I'm on car domain and on protegeclub.com as amrit.

Comment

Originally posted by mazda323
                    Ok. Hey Negatize, I must say, I've been checkin' out your ride for some time now and there has been some nice improvements. I'm on car domain and on protegeclub.com as amrit.
                    Thanks man I appreciate it.
                    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Working...
                    X