Accelerator pedal mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accelerator pedal mod?

Is there an easy way to move the gas pedal in this BG base model? It's too close to me by about *3 inches. Everything else is where I need - break clutch and steering...
    5 squirrels - 4 running for their lives, one cracking the whip.

Erm maybe not 3 inches. Looking at it, not sure there's that much room. Looks like I could just bend it some. I'm almost 6 ft tall and spend between 3 and 5 hours a day driving. Perhaps a different seat may help

Comment

Anything is adjustable, it's just a matter of motivation. I'd have to go look at the pedal cluster and see what I think would need to happen to move the loud pedal back a bit, but I bet it's nothing a sawzall and welder couldn't accomplish. After all how hard can it be (if you didn't shudder when yas read that last bit, you're in biiiig trouble)?
      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Originally posted by farmergene View Post
        Erm maybe not 3 inches. Looking at it, not sure there's that much room. Looks like I could just bend it some. I'm almost 6 ft tall and spend between 3 and 5 hours a day driving. Perhaps a different seat may help
        6 feet tall??!!??!! God short people can't complain about having no room! I'm 6'6" and I fit just fine in my MX3!! Haha just bugging you!

Comment

SHORT?? Gosh, never been accused of being vertically challenged before! When I sit in the go seat, I have to let my knee fall to the right, otherwise the engine has 2 speeds - full on and idle. If it was a track machine, it would be perfect! Maybe it's an age thing. My ankel just doesn't bend back that far.
          The saw all don't scare, but I'm afraid my buzz box would make a mess of things. Looks like there's bendy things there. I'll bend it up and take pics. Y'all can then see the wreckage
          Last edited by farmergene; 01-17-2014, 04:47 PM. Reason: bent, buckled, or distorted

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
            (if you didn't shudder when yas read that last bit, you're in biiiig trouble)
            Ahh crap. That all sounded plausable to me. Not good.

Maybe look for a tiltable driver's seat? I know the Protege LX had that, so probably there was a similar option for the MX-3. The GD 626/MX-6 has really nice seats with all kinds of adjustments.

I just realized this is in the wrong section.
            Last edited by me109; 01-17-2014, 06:39 PM. Reason: I just realized this is in the wrong section.
            1990 Protege 4WD
            GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
            ├┼┤
            2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Pulling it towrds you is easy. pushing it away... after taking a brief look, I think the firewall may have something to say about moving the pedal 3" closer to it and may try to forbid you from getting full travel outta the pedal. It's not something that's bothered me, and I'm 6', but who knows. Maybe the seats I have slide back farther on the rails.
              '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
              '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

sell the car..problem solved

Comment

sell the car.. Humm not an option. Besides, where's the adventure in THAT?
                  I Suppose another option is to fiddle the seat. Raise the front a lil, but that raised other issues.
                  Last edited by farmergene; 01-18-2014, 07:17 AM. Reason: change the operator, the machine'll work just fine

Comment

Silly me! Didn't see the post about writable seats. That sounds like it'd do the trick.
                    Ummm what ya mean, wrong section?

Comment

What year is your car..you posted a BG thread in a BF section.

Comment

Gah!!! So I did. Feel free to move it or whatever. Apologies.

Comment

Working...
                        X