Dealer wont honor recall!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealer wont honor recall!

Wow, I hate them so much. My automatic seat belt self destructed and I brought into Plaza Auto Mall in Brooklyn, NY.

I know there's a switch recall and within that recall it says (from what I comprehended) that if the seat belt gets jammed they will fix it free of change. They refused to do it, they want to charge me $1400 for the repair. I hate them; I hope they burn. I've been on the phone with mazda customer service, they're trying but its ultimately up to the dealer. **** Plaza Auto Mall. I think I'll rip out the seat belt fuse and just buckle it in every time.

I'm gonna post this on the other board.
    V6 swap write-up

Computer support, troubleshooting, and maintenance

i'm sure it's nothing you can't fix yourself. and yea, dealerships are bastards. at least mazda is trying to help you.
    Tag Team

Comment

Call the BBB on them!!
      Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
      you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

Contact Mazda North American Operations. My friend bought a crappy 6 from a local dealer, and about a month after she contacted MNAO she got word through the dealer that she's going to get a brand new car out of the deal.
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

1400 what a rip of im sure you can fix it for half that cost !
          Sandon Davis

Don't mess with the Sandman

Comment

The Mazda people called me back and said the recall is entirely at the discretion of the dealer...WTF? I thought this was government issued. I hate them all...animals. 1400! I bought my car for that much 3 years ago!!

Picture this...the buckle is jammed and the motor was half working so it spit out the cable and there's lubricant from the cable all over the place. I cut the cable out, turned the car in the on position to it would pull back the buckle as much as possible and then I ripped out the fuse. For now I'll just double buckle.

Automatic seatbelts were the biggest failure of automobile history. The concept could have been decent if you didnt have to do the lap belt also!

My idle sucks really bad but I'm 97% sure its the crappy old ground wires...getting those fixed tomorrow. Later
            V6 swap write-up

Computer support, troubleshooting, and maintenance

Comment

Originally posted by sysopt
              The Mazda people called me back and said the recall is entirely at the discretion of the dealer...WTF? I thought this was government issued. I hate them all...animals. 1400! I bought my car for that much 3 years ago!!

Picture this...the buckle is jammed and the motor was half working so it spit out the cable and there's lubricant from the cable all over the place. I cut the cable out, turned the car in the on position to it would pull back the buckle as much as possible and then I ripped out the fuse. For now I'll just double buckle.

Automatic seatbelts were the biggest failure of automobile history. The concept could have been decent if you didnt have to do the lap belt also!

My idle sucks really bad but I'm 97% sure its the crappy old ground wires...getting those fixed tomorrow. Later
              Wow, that's really bad. I guess I've been lucky, I've had 3 cars with automatic seatbelts and never had a problem. (One of them for 13 years).
              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

yea mine are working pretty good. one time this winter when it was really cold, it didn't work. . . but i shut the door and opened it again and it worked. also, that stupid seatbelt light/beeping problem stopped for me. It's been like a year since it was doing that stupid sensor crap. meh, i'm sure it'll come back soon.
                Tag Team

Comment

recal is NOT at the descression of the dealer. it IS a governed body the jurisdicts the recal. call BS of the ****ers and stand your ground. the have to cave, it is your legal right to be in a safe product
                  When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                  Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                  Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                  So his engine he goosed
                  With much too much boost,
                  And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Yeah, I think there's actually a U.S. Federal law involving repair of seatbelt systems -- perhaps stating that they have to be at no cost. Of course I need a way to confirm that.

Comment

ohhh, the headliner would be really painful if you have a sunroof.

Comment

well, think about it, your car's worth under 1000 bucks, the parts cost what? maybe 200 of that TOPS.. the dealership must be cuttin a loss if they service a recall.. if they don't deem it necessary. i mean, as long as your seat belt is in the correct position (ie locked and safe for driving), if i were a dealer.. i'd probably see it the same way.. why take a 200+ dollar loss on a recall thats 14 years in the making? i mean, if your safety is not at stake, and only your convienience is, i'd just tell ya you're SOL and go swap out the parts out of a junker.. simply cut.
                        peace

Comment

My drivers' side works fine, but the passenger one has a tendency to randomly "attack" people.
                          ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastMarauder
                            My drivers' side works fine, but the passenger one has a tendency to randomly "attack" people.
                            my driver's side did that too.. you'd open the door and the belt wouldn't go forward.. and as you tried climbing out, sometimes at random, the belt would suddenly attack you (aka just slide forward), clocking you in the head or nearly strangling you.. but reguardless, whenever the door was shut and the car was running, the belt would always travel back all the way. and at some times, if you left the car running with the door open, the belt would move back and forth like it was on crack ah well, i have manual belts now with airbags and abs.. i'm happier
                            peace

Comment

HAHAAH this winter, everyone's been having problems with their car.. yea I just closed and opened the door several times and the seat belts worked..

lol
                              NOW WITH SPINNER HUB CAPS

Comment

Working...
                              X