Color Tint Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color Tint Anyone?

Just wanted to know if anyone has put color tint onto there car. If so could you guys post some pictures.

How would blue tint look on my car also?

Thanks
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/mazda99protege

this color tint is growing on me, and as shiny as your car is it would prolly look ok,
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

my buddy up in indiana has a spicy orange speed with orange tint with black tribal flame graphics. next time im up there i'll take some pics. looks sick, the orange matches perty good.
      brian

Comment

Hey Rodney, your car is looking good. Have you lowered it? I like the color you chose.
        2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
        KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
        Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
        Groundkit

Comment

be advised that it is not tint. it's a colored film. give it a year or so, and it will look like crap. not mention that it offers no heat rejection. the manager of the shop in town that i go to tried doing it for 6 months, and they decided that the materials weren't high enough quality yet, and it wasn't worth it.

Comment

well if you buy colored film from walmart or pepboys, i cant say how it will hold up.
            my last truck i had teal green tribal tint, my wife has yellow tribal tint, and that guy with orange on the speed. we got ours from my bud mike covin in anaheim california(www.mikestintshop.com).had the green for 3 years,my current tint for 2 years,my wifes for a year and a half, and the guy with the orange almost a year now. we have never had a problem with fading, bubbling, wearing, tearing or anything with it.
            brian

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
              Hey Rodney, your car is looking good. Have you lowered it? I like the color you chose.
              No, I have not lowered it yet. I got my CoverKing Seat Covers yesterday although. I am not sure if I am going to lower it just yet because I drive it to work everyday. My 94 Blazer which is my next project is get fixed. Once it's ready I will drop my Mazda.

I am still trying to decide on the customizing of my trunk. Any ideas?

Comment

Get a videogame system or retractable vynil deck for your trunk. And you can lower it and still drive it to work, not every car looks good with a huge drop. Otherwise - sweet ride.
                2002 Protege LX
                ] Eibach Pro Springs [] Tokico HP shocks [] AWR rear swaybar [] PIAA Super Plasma GT-X [] custom CAI [] 30% all-around tints [] 17" Flik Wasps / Kumho Ecsta 711 tires [] APC Eurotails [

Comment

honestly.. the coolest thing you can have in your trunk is some serious robotics... just get everything in there to adjust and move around when you open the lid...
                  have your amp-rack fold out and move around.. have your subs re-angle themselves... anything like that would be impressive.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                  RB springs
                  Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                  MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

ive got a metallic blue tint on my pro. i love it. its not to dark, but its very reflective. its cost 240, but worth every penny. totally scratch resistant (a plus if youve got dogs), and has a lifetime warranty. it keeps my car a lot cooler in the summer than black tint ever did. also, very nice since only three or four other people in cda have the same tint.
                    2002.5 protege dx

Comment

Not a bad idea... but instead of it being powered, make it simple mechanics = as you open the trunk, there'd be a set of joints welded onto the trunk hinge, and it would put other hinges, joints, and pulleys into motion which have speakers, sub and amp attached to them... and the whole construction could be chrome, or at least stainless steel to match your car.

this would be rather complicated but very genius
                      2002 Protege LX
                      ] Eibach Pro Springs [] Tokico HP shocks [] AWR rear swaybar [] PIAA Super Plasma GT-X [] custom CAI [] 30% all-around tints [] 17" Flik Wasps / Kumho Ecsta 711 tires [] APC Eurotails [

Comment

Everyone I know that has colored tint has held up great and still looks good. I've thought about it myself......ideas ideas! Good Luck man!
                        "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

eh im not a big fan of colored tint/film but to each is own
                          1998 black protege, erebuni kit, 17in white eagle alloy rims, 5 percent tint all around, apex'i N1 exhaust, green street glow kit(gold series), Front And Rear Strut bars. JDM tail lights, clear corners. Katzkin interior(black & white). two 4-point evo harnesses, custom eye kids, Hid's, All custom two toned black and white interior...painted calipers and drums(black) HKS duel intake...Panasonic headunit..pioneer inside speakers..1100 watt splash amp..mtx box..two 12in kenwoon tornado subs..two 12in streetglow neaons under dash (green)PLANS FOR 07...2 toned paint job..2in drop erebuni lip spoiler and grill...Custom hood CF or fiber glass still thinking...and if eveything goes well Turbo..

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Freek
                            honestly.. the coolest thing you can have in your trunk is some serious robotics... just get everything in there to adjust and move around when you open the lid...
                            have your amp-rack fold out and move around.. have your subs re-angle themselves... anything like that would be impressive.
                            Is there somewhere you can buy the stuff that does all of this? Where would I start with this installation?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mazdaprotege99
                              Is there somewhere you can buy the stuff that does all of this? Where would I start with this installation?

Thanks

linear actuators aren't cheap. check here.

Comment

Working...
                              X