New Tires w/ Stock wheels. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tires w/ Stock wheels. . .

I'm thinking about getting new wheels, but I'd rather save my money if I can fit wider tires on the stock wheels (1995 ES, 14"). Tires.com has got the plus zero wider tires, but I don't know if they'll fit the stock wheels, if I buy new wheels obviously I'd go bigger than 14", but if I can fit wider tires(205's? hopefully) on the wheels I have now. . . why bother?

I have 195/60/14 Yokahama A520's on 14 alloys(Miata) They work very good.
    98 protege lx 1.8l
    short ram intake custom
    crane hi-6 ign.
    14 miata alloy wheels
    .50 over pistons and some other tricks .

my protege

Comment

I have 205/55 R15 Continental ExtremeContact Ultra-High-Performance All-Season Tires and 15" Rage Enduro rims. I didn't use offsets either.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by turbonium959; 03-16-2004, 03:25 PM.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Will 205's fit on the stock wheels?

Comment

i think itll b easier byein bigger rims with the tires instead of buyin bigger STOCK rims

Comment

I have 195/60/14's on my stock 14" jetta steelies..

I also have a set of 15" honda civic steelies in the trunk of the protege ...
            those will get low profile 205/50/15's..
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I'm using 90-93 Miata rims (14x5.5)

I loved my 195-55-14 Bridgestone RE-71s...too bad they don't make them anymore.

Next 195-44-14 to try: Toyo T1-s

Comment

who said anything about buying new stock rims?

Comment

According to the sources I've gone to (Tirerack, Haynes, owner's manual), the stock size is 185/65R14. I had 195/60r14 at one time, and my speedo was off ja little. I wouldn't go to 205s without upgrading the rim size. Plus one for an ES is 195/55. I found that size to be very difficult to find in a quality(price/performance) tire. OF course, it's impossible to find really cool 14 inch rims, too. 15s are easier, but the tire selection is small. Kumho 712s are good, but I wanted 716s and couldn't get them. Oh well.

Comment

If i get new wheels i'm gettin 16's, plenty of tire selection there. I think i found some good 195/65/14's for a decent price, we'll see. . .

Comment

Working...
                    X