Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should i trust a travelling window tinter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should i trust a travelling window tinter?

it's only $100 using johnson's window film. the guy is in milwaukee, wi and i'm in chicago.

here's my other thread

thanks for any opinions and suggestions

I don't know if I would take a chance because it is hard to get off and would be a disaster if it wasn't done right. On top of that, if you have a rear defroster and he ****ed it up, you would be in big trouble with that.
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
      I don't know if I would take a chance because it is hard to get off and would be a disaster if it wasn't done right. On top of that, if you have a rear defroster and he ****ed it up, you would be in big trouble with that.
      I agree with you 100% on this! I would want someone who is going to take their time and will be around if something does happen! You might end up paying 10 or 20 dollas more but at least you would have the reasurrance!
      "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

i've been looking around. it's gonna cost me at least 180 or so to get my car tinted. well, it's probably because i want metalized tint instead of dye tint. thanks for your input. hope to be able to find a place without dropping too much outta my pocket.

Comment

Tint should NEVER be applied outside.

It should be done in a garage.

One little wind gust and there's a ton of dust under the tint.

So unless this guy has a big trailer that he pulls your car into, I'd say skip it.

Tint is one area where a little extra money goes a long way. I paid $325 for TWO vehicles (my P5 and my wife's Cherokee), and the guy did an awesome job. Tint has been on for about 2.5 years with no bubbling, fading, purpling, or peeling. Still looks brand new.

Mine is Madico tint, though 3M and Johson are also good brands.

~HH

Comment

not worth it, as many said above for the obvious reasons
            never thought of the dust though
            so what happened?

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

Working...
            X