What to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do

As some of you may know, I am turboing my 91 EGT. I need some input on what to do about the motor. Right now, the motor burns no oil, just leaks a little, which is normal but not enough that I have to fill it up between oil changes. The inside is a golden brown, no crap in it either. Compression is 176 PSI straight across. Should I do a complete rebuild of the head and bottom end? I have a whole head rebuild kit, so thats a start. Should I put new rings in or what? Do you think that the motor will be ok for a while under 8psi of boost? The motor has 135,000 miles on it. Thanks you guys.
    BP-05 Turbo-Sold
    2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

go ahead and use it.

Get all the turbo parts on it and boost wisely..

BP motors are strong and your compression test shows it.
    bruce
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Agreed (hey long time no talk bruce!). BP motors can handle quite a bit of power on stock internals with proper tuning. Happy boosting.
      Current Cars
      2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
      1994 Mazda Protege DX. DOHC swap in progress. Sold due to a move
      1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road
      1996 Ford Probe GT. Flawless. 5-speed. Kept stock. Sold for an LS1

Comment

Well thanks guys. I already have EVERYTHING needed to boost, i just gotta wait for school to get out and put it all toghter.
        BP-05 Turbo-Sold
        2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

PM or AIM me if you need any help. Still going down that road, my pro has been down for a while since I got a new toy + school + moved out.
          Current Cars
          2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
          1994 Mazda Protege DX. DOHC swap in progress. Sold due to a move
          1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road
          1996 Ford Probe GT. Flawless. 5-speed. Kept stock. Sold for an LS1

Comment

Working...
          X