PDA

View Full Version : Best Sub, for the $$

Lenny
09-11-2003, 12:21 PM
I've been looking around but can't decide what to get. I want a sub or two, just to make it sound nice, I wanna be able bump w/ some stuff but also play loud w/ other and still have it sound clean. I listen to all types of music, rock, oldies,rap, country, punk, etc.... I'll JL audio but not there prices??? Boston comp. are pretty good to. Audiobahn I have no clue on.....? any idea's or help. I don't want to spend to much... I would go with all new door speakers but that's way to much.

Any help is appreciated
Thank you,
Matt

blue LEDz
09-11-2003, 02:44 PM
by far the best subs i've ever found/tested for the money are the subs from elemental designs. they've got 3 series, depending on your budget. the K's are getting more common. the O's are designed for a sealed enclosure, and to sound superb. the A series are just bad ass:biggrin:
http://www.edesignaudio.com/main.htm
they've also got some nice avionixx amps available for a great price.

onehawaiian
09-11-2003, 02:54 PM
yes, edesigns.
hard to beat.
i heard the adire shiva's are nuts too, tho i've never tested them.
get a e12k or something.
sealed or ported u'll be very pleased. :)

walight01
09-11-2003, 08:16 PM
edesign subs rule!!!

blue LEDz
09-11-2003, 08:26 PM
course resonant engineering is in a close second for value;) along with adire audio:biggrin:
www.respl.com
www.adireaudio.com

Lenny
09-11-2003, 09:40 PM
I wanna spend about $400 sub-amp. Kinda cheap, I know. But I think I'll be going w/ a 10"???? and Idunno about an amp?? what setup would you do for sub 10 or 12 then amp????

Thanks alot for any help:)
The subs look sweet, hope they sound as good as you say.

Matt

Lenny
09-11-2003, 09:53 PM
This sub: e12K.44 / 14 or should I go for a higher model http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep2/12k.htm <----that's the page???

MisterT
09-11-2003, 09:58 PM
Not to sound bias, but I was turned on to EDesigns by Blue and Rider69 and I am more than pleased with them. I replaced old SoundStream SPL12's which at the time were $400 a pair new retail (for the SoundStream). The Elementals sound very close to the SoundStream and don't skimp on sound quality either. They are solidly built subs with oversized magnets, a flat thick cone, and a hell of an excursion for some serious bass. It's not only for serious bass, but good and all aspects of music whether you listen to metal, rock, rap, techno, and/or jazz. I listen to about every thing and they sound awsome with every kind of music and will give out what ever you throw at them. I have the "K" series 1 pair in a sealed box right now. They are 4 ohm DVC subs running in a 1ohm load and getting 600 watts RMS from my SoundStream Class A amp. They also have a 3 year warranty, the best in the industry!

MisterT

MisterT
09-11-2003, 10:00 PM
I forgot to mention that the SPL12 SoundStream is a tough act to follow and the Elemental Designs performs just as well as they did or pretty damn close to it. I have not heard any thing bad about their products since I have heard of them and have not exerienced any neither.

Rider69
09-11-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Lenny
This sub: e12K.44 / 14 or should I go for a higher model http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep2/12k.htm <----that's the page???

The E12k.44 or even the e10k.44 would be perfectly matched up with an Avionixx 500M $265 (http://www.avionixxusa.com/ep/axa_500M.htm) which would still keep your cost about $400.

Lenny
09-12-2003, 11:02 AM
Hey, thanks alot for all the help! :biggrin: Very much appreciated.

Thanks, Matt

Lenny
09-12-2003, 11:37 AM
Another question, I'm no electronic guy, but which is better and what's the difference between the dual 4 ohm or singl 4 ohm I'm buying one sub and probably in a vented box??? Which box do you guys perfer I guess?? vented or sealed?? and it says to go w/ the AXA 400.2 amp???? once again any help? I like music subs but don't know that much I know watts like everyone else but ohm's and sub size and space which is better???? Idunno? I'll tell you I'm planning on going w/ ONE e12k.44 (dual 4 ohm or single 4 ohM???) then the AXA 400.2 amp unless there's any reason to go w/ the AXA 500m. What's the difference? why one over the other? Thank you!

Rider69
09-12-2003, 02:30 PM
OK, well the impedance (ohms) of the voice coil(s) is what determines the load on the amp. If you have one single 4 ohm voice coil then the amp will see a 4 ohm load. If you have two 4 ohm voice coils (DVC sub), then depending on how you wire it up will determine the load on the amp. Generally, the lower the impedance, the higher the load and the more power the amp will put out. So, basically if you have 2 4 ohm VC and wire them up in parallel of each other, you present the amp with a 2 ohm load, which would about double the output of the amp. Most mono sub amps (500m) are capable of handling a 2 ohm load. The 400.2 is not a mono amp and would be bridged in this case and it is only rated to handle a 4 ohm load. Which would mean that you need to get a single voice coil sub, the E12K.14. The SVC versus the DVC will not effect your sound much, if at all, it just gives you more wiring options.

Hope this helps.

BTW, the reason they probably recommend the 400.2 over the 500m is for a couple of reasons:
1. Last I heard the 500m was on backorder.
2. The output of the 400.2 is lower than the 500m and better suited for the woofer.
3. The 400.2 is cheaper.

Lenny
09-13-2003, 05:55 PM
So if I go with the SVC E12k.44 and the 400.2 amp brigded it will all work out?

THANKS

blue LEDz
09-13-2003, 06:01 PM
So if I go with the SVC E12k.44 and the 400.2 amp brigded it will all work out?

THANKS

no, with that amp you'll need the E12k.14 the single voice coil sub;) the DVC one is the 12k.44. thanks rider for suggesting the equipment to him:biggrin: and you are correct in why they suggested the 400.2 over the 500m;)

Lenny
09-13-2003, 06:13 PM
Let me get this right now....So the E12k.14 (SVC) w/ the 400.2 bridged. Perfect???? Vented box or Sealed?

Wanna get it right soo I don't **** up!
Thanks guys, I owe... idunno what but I owe ya.

walight01
09-13-2003, 06:14 PM
board donations are always nice

blue LEDz
09-13-2003, 06:34 PM
i personally am a huge fan of ported boxes, but not prefab ported boxes, ones designed specifically for the sub;) but misterT's dual 12 K-series setup sounds nice:biggrin: if you want a sweet ported box, and can make one, or have someone you know make one, they show the dimensions and what not for a very well designed ported box on thier site designed for the K12:biggrin:

Rider69
09-13-2003, 08:14 PM
Blue is a big fan of ported boxes and I can see why. But my feelings on the box is determined by:
1. How much room you want to take up?
2. More SQ or SPL?

I have a sealed box and the response is tight and low. I can get excellent results by going ported, but that would require a larger box and I don't want that now. So, if you answer the 2 questions above, we could better answer your question.

Lenny
09-14-2003, 11:39 AM
SQ/SPL??? Hey I just want it to sound nice? nothing great, you know. I did cabinetmaking for college so I was planning on making on of the boxes sealed/ported that they had on the site. Just with the reg. MDF board. Unless some other wood makes it sound better?? I wanna be able to hit the lows good and I'm assuming youwould go w/ a ported box for that???

blue LEDz
09-14-2003, 12:26 PM
SQ is sound quality (how good it sounds). SPL is sound pressure lever (how loud it is). sealed boxes have the advantage of having nice clean sound, especially in the mid bass region (about 70-100+ hz) in a smaller box. however, ported boxes are WAY better for real bass, below 70 hz, and have much better low frequency response, and once the response curve levels out, the sub performs as if it was in a sealed box anyways;) the downside to ported, is to make it sound good, it has to be tuned low, and the port has to be big, making the box a bit bigger than sealed. so if you want it to sound nice, and slam on the lows, i highly recomend the design they have on their website for a ported box. it's an SQ oriented slot port design that will have pretty much zero port noise:biggrin: and yes, MDF is what you need to use. for high SPL apps, some use HDF, but it is not needed, just use really strong glue or liquid nails to hold the boards together;) if you want to see how intruder from proclub did the same basic setup, check this out:
http://www.protegeclub.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28093

walight01
09-14-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by blue LEDz
i personally am a huge fan of ported boxes, but not prefab ported boxes, ones designed specifically for the sub;) but misterT's dual 12 K-series setup sounds nice:biggrin: if you want a sweet ported box, and can make one, or have someone you know make one, they show the dimensions and what not for a very well designed ported box on thier site designed for the K12:biggrin:
well actually you are a huge fan of 6th order bandpass boxes now

blue LEDz
09-14-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by walight01
well actually you are a huge fan of 6th order bandpass boxes now

yeah, but they are a bit more complicated to design and build, and aren't for everyone;) i'm also playing around with the idea of using a dual chamber reflex box. basically a ported box that has 2 chambers, and the split design gives a peak at the main tuned freq, and one octave above it;)

MisterT
09-14-2003, 08:58 PM
Lenny, if you haven't already gotten your subs, just want to tell you that when I got my 12's I was thinking damn, I could have gone with 10's and had more flexibility. I was sold on 12s do to already having an enclosure, but my first initial reaction was, this may be a little too much bass for even me (one for SPL and SQ). So either way whether you get their 10s or 12s, you won't be disappointed. I NEVER buy something unless I can try it out or hear them in this case first. It was a chance taken when Blue and Rider suggested it and now I am a believer in the value of these subs and the quality build. Also, if you won't a LOT of bass with only one driver, **** man, look at what Blue did with a single 10. It sounds louder than my 2 12s!! :eek: It's all in the enclosure.

Blue is going to make me a ported box where the box is ported around 34-35 Hz for good SPL and SQ. The best SQ would be tuned to around 25Hz, but if tuned higher, then you get more SPL, so it's a nice compromise of the two. Plus when you go with a ported enclosure, your subs can sound loud with less power given to them.

blue LEDz
09-15-2003, 08:16 AM
i should have that box done for you this week:biggrin: it'll give me something to work on while i let the fiberglass harden on my stuff;)

MisterT
09-15-2003, 11:20 AM
The bad thing is, is that I can't lift any thing over 10lbs. for the next couple of weeks or so. I am still considering the possibility of using the big amp in my current system to run my highs and getting a new amp for the subs. In a way, I wish I didn't go for the DVCs because it narrows the chances of getting a good amp that is both powerful and stable to at least 1 ohm without costing an arm and a leg! On the flipside, I could wire them so that the amp sees a 4 ohm load, but then, I would have to get a huge amp that would put enough power in the 4 ohm configuration. I can see myself, "Yeah the amp puts out 500 watts in a 4 ohm load, but damn, if these were SVCs, I would be getting around 900!!! :rolleyes: Plus it has to be Class D for as much efficiency as possible. SoundDomain is having a sale on stiffening caps, now that I know they don't do any thing :( Oh well!

Lenny
09-15-2003, 02:59 PM
Hey blue do you have pics or diagram or your box setup?
I'm going w/ the E12.k.14 and the 400.2 amp bridged in a ported box. Sound good. I don't need a power cap do I? or should I?

blue LEDz
09-15-2003, 03:52 PM
Hey blue do you have pics or diagram or your box setup?
I'm going w/ the E12.k.14 and the 400.2 amp bridged in a ported box. Sound good. I don't need a power cap do I? or should I?

no diagrams, and only one pic:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p27032857f486389f0cbb01a1d11ca960/fc069dc7.jpg

the box has one chamber that's 1.25 cu ft, and one that's 1.5 cu ft, so that's 2.75 internal cu ft. but external volume is over 4 cu ft:biggrin: it's a huge box for one 10, but misterT will verify how loud it is;) all the walls are 1.5" thick for super strength:p: once i'm finished with my new box, i'm going to jack my mom's big ass truck up and set it on my old box:biggrin: you'll be plenty satisfied with the K12 and the amp:biggrin: i highly recomend the ported design on thier website, because it truely is one of the only manufacturer recomended designs that i approve of:p: and no, you don't need a cap. i know misterT has been battling with dimming problems for a while now, and he's done everything short of getting a bigger alternator or a new amp:( ground wire kit up front, 1.5 farad cap, proper wiring to the amps, adding a wire from the alternator to the fuse box and battery, upgraded to a spiral cell battery. so, no, don't bother with a cap;)

Lenny
09-15-2003, 05:19 PM
j/k, hey thanks for all the help, everyone(walight,blue, Mr. T. etc...) I'll probably have a few more questions once I get everything, I'll check around on the board first then ask, so be prepared.

Thank you,
Matt:biggrin:

MisterT
09-15-2003, 06:30 PM
FYI, a guy from another club got a single EDesign 12k.44 (DVC) and got a Tsunami amp and had it bridged and had no dimming problems in his Protege. I really think it's the class A inefficiency that is sucking so much current from the battery. I put my Class A on one sub bridged and it dimmed whether one or two subs was hooked up. So with the Tsunaum and Avionixx amps, they are more efficient than the SoundStream amp that I have. I have a 1.5 farad cap and it does little (if any) help at all. It was in my previous two installs so that is the only reason for it in my present one. I am thinking of redoing the system by putting the amp pushing the subs on the highs and midbass and getting a Tsunami or Avionixx amp to run the subs since it is more efficient. I almost purchased a 3+ farad capacitor before the thread on how they don't work (thinking maybe my cap was going or something). Glad I didn't waste the money!

Rider69
09-15-2003, 06:45 PM
cmon MisterT, just get the new amps already and solve your issues!:biggrin:

MisterT
09-15-2003, 06:58 PM
I am seriously considering it. Either Tsunami or Avionixx. I was looking at the Avionixx AXT800.2 or Tsunami DB1100 I think it is, but of course, would turn the gains way down for the latter of the two. I could get it too! :p: I have some money in my savings. Must resist...vaccine is for audiobug is wearing off...:biggrin: On top of that, Blue will have my box redone soon too. Gotta make sure I have enough to pay him for the box first. ;)

blue LEDz
09-15-2003, 07:51 PM
hell, being that your 12's will soon be in a ported box, you could easily get by with a 600 watt amp. the jbl BP600.1 wouldn't be a bad choice either;) it's a nice, efficent class D amp that has a small footprint:biggrin: rider69 has one on his 12k, and i've never heard him complain;)

Rider69
09-15-2003, 07:59 PM
And as a matter of fact....It might be up for sale soon as I might be going with different amps...perhaps US Amps. Interested MisterT?

Lenny
09-16-2003, 07:21 PM
Hey do you guys no any other amp that would work the same/close for about the same amount of money cause element is temp. outta them and they told me to get ahold of avionix and they were being "dicks" I asked if they had some 400.2 in stock he said yeah I asked if there were shipping them out to element or if I could order them and then he asked how I heard abou them and told him from element. he said okay bye I said wait so can I order one or are you shipping them two element he said okay bye that happened like 3 times??????

blue LEDz
09-16-2003, 08:11 PM
us acoustics is a great deal at only $175 for a 375 watt amp. but you'll have to get the dual 4 ohm sub from ED, not the single like before. the us acoustics amps are rated at 12.9 volts, so you know you'll get at least that much power when you run your car;)
http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/us_acoustics.html
get the USX600D

MisterT
09-16-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Rider69
And as a matter of fact....It might be up for sale soon as I might be going with different amps...perhaps US Amps. Interested MisterT?

Hmmm!!! I love my SoundStream, but it is very tempting. I see it is also 1 ohm stable too. ;) I was telling Blue that just for kicks I put my 6.0 on the highs, but it seemed to be overpowering them versus the 3.0 that is pushing them now. I had to adjust the xover to 120 Hz because the mids and highs were having a time producing 80Hz and above with the extra power. I don't won't to lose the midbass either. FYI, I have 5 1/4's in the kickpanels and the 6 1/2's (midbass only) in the doors.

Lenny, sorry to jack your thread like this! :p: As far as your question on amps, a guy got a Tsunami do to the Avionixx being on back order and really loved it. The bad thing is the warranty on them isn't like the 2 year warranty that the Avionixx has. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it if it is installed right, but it's a chance you have to take. You could go with the amp Blue suggested, but I haven't heard any thing bad nor good about them, so personally don't know what to tell you there. Sorry for not being of more help in that department. I you running a single or dual subs and did you go with the single voice coil or the dual voice coil?

THEGOLDPRO
09-16-2003, 09:51 PM
what do you think of mtx subs, i had a box with 3 12's in it, and it was a nice sound, loud as hell.

asylum24
09-16-2003, 09:57 PM
I ahve a Q... are the JL w12's better than the w7's....

MisterT
09-16-2003, 10:15 PM
MTX makes pretty good bang for your buck subs. There is a guy on another site who swears by them, but as far as Xmax (excursion), the Elemental Designs have more than even the JL Audio subs. I am not putting JL down, but you should see the mark ups on those things!!!:eek: A lot of what you pay for is the name. I am pleasantly surprised that Alpine doesn't have overpriced head units. As a matter of fact, they have come down significantly. Their HU's with 4 volt preouts start at $200!!!! That is outstanding compared to other brands like Kenwood, Pioneer, and so on.

Asylum, 1st MP3 would probably tell you that the W2's put out more SPL, but the W7 is more for sound quality than SPL. I remember him telling some one about the W3's versus the W7's in that category. They are both excellent subs, but designed for different types of applications.

asylum24
09-16-2003, 10:20 PM
not w2's... w12's

MisterT
09-16-2003, 10:23 PM
They must be new because I thought they went up to W7s and that was it. 1st MP3 works at a shop that sells JL and would know more about the difference. Have you seen SoundStream Taruntula subs? OMG, I just about came in my pants when I saw those!!! :eek: I hate to see how much they cost though! :rolleyes:

asylum24
09-16-2003, 10:24 PM
I want the w12.... +/- 20 MM excursion :eek: 4000w peak

http://international.jbl.com/car/product.asp?prod=W12GTI%2F230&ser=GTI&cat=SUB&type=&language=ENGLISH

walight01
09-16-2003, 11:23 PM
the w12 is a JBL sub, not a JL sub
jl audio's best sub is the w7, the 12w7 is 29mm xmax and the element design 12" A series sub only has 27mm xmax so eds subs don't have a higher xmax. the jl13w7 has a 32mm xmax, whici is pretty awesome, too bad Resonant engineering 10" xxx has a 32 mm xmax :)

asylum24
09-16-2003, 11:52 PM
I meant jbl.. not jl.. just a typo

blue LEDz
09-17-2003, 09:30 AM
THEGOLDPRO, MTX has always been one of the better "store" brands as far as quality is concerned. my old roomate worked at CC, and i worked at BB, plus i had my hook up through my disrtibutor:biggrin: course me personally, i've never been a fan of most of the products they sell in either store;)

asylum24, the JBL sub came out before the W7's, if i remember correctly, and were the leading SQ sub, till the w7 came out. then the w7 pretty much destroyed it:p: now they are just overpriced for what you get. very few people still run them, and brahmass, idmax's, etc blow them away too.

walight01, thanks for clearing up the excursion issue. i believe mister T was refering to comprable lines with JL, not necessarily the top contendors;) i still haven't seen an ED A-series in a comparison against a w7. but i have seen the brahma, and each had their strong points. the brahma had better low end, while the w7 had better higher bass. the w7 will be louder, if the wattage to each is under about 1,200 watts, but above that, the brahma will destroy the w7, usually by about 1.5 dB's:biggrin: the brahma sounds better in smaller boxes, too;) some argue that the motor structure on the w7 is superior, but with how much abuse most people put there brahma through, i don't see how that's possible:p: especially when they hold world records, and the loudest MECA vehicle ever:biggrin:

MisterT
09-17-2003, 09:36 AM
Elemental Designs is supposed to have a demo vehicle out soon. It will be interesting to see how it sounds. The worse one I heard when working at a stereo shop was Kenwood's. They had a kick ass Z28 Camaro, with custom every thing throughout. The highs were too bright and unnatural sounding and the bass from their Excelon subs were all, but impressive. I sat in the Pioneer's Cadillac demo vehicle and was blown away by it's sound quality! No comparison between the two. The Kenwood like it's car it was in was all for show and volume, whereas the Pioneer like it's car was for quality and they did just that. I got to see one of Alpine's demo trucks, but the rep was a dick and didn't want to demo the soundsystem for some odd reason (probably ****ed the **** up on the way to Charleston). That was years ago and a lot has changed since then.

walight01
09-17-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by asylum24
I want the w12.... +/- 20 MM excursion :eek: 4000w peak

http://international.jbl.com/car/product.asp?prod=W12GTI%2F230&ser=GTI&cat=SUB&type=&language=ENGLISH o and i forgot to say the w12 only has a 700 watt rms

blue LEDz
09-17-2003, 11:28 AM
o and i forgot to say the w12 only has a 700 watt rms

peak power doesn't mean ****;) now peak rms power is a different story:biggrin: hell, richard clark took a brahma 15 and hooked up 30K watts to it before he could hear audible distortion:eek: if that's not a peak power, i don't know what is:biggrin:

walight01
09-17-2003, 11:44 AM
i've said it before, if we only had 30k watts :40oz:

blue LEDz
09-17-2003, 12:00 PM
i've said it before, if we only had 30k watts :40oz:

how many amps does a PA amp suck down? too bad it can't be used in comps, since it's not 12 volts, though:(

Lenny
09-17-2003, 12:01 PM
how about the usx2150 http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/us_acoustics.html
with the e12k.14 or wouldn't that workout????? (e12k.44 are outta stock)

blue LEDz
09-17-2003, 12:32 PM
how about the usx2150 http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/us_acoustics.html
with the e12k.14 or wouldn't that workout????? (e12k.44 are outta stock)

yeah, that would work. my only concern is on their website it doesn't have a x-over listed:( and with the 600D you get low pass, bass boost, and a remote level control. along with lower power consumption. but if you HU has a x-over for the sub channel, the 2150 will work fine;)

Lenny
09-17-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by blue LEDz
and with the 600D you get low pass, bass boost, and a remote level control. along with lower power consumption. but if you HU has a x-over for the sub channel, the 2150 will work fine;) [/B]

Now in terms I could understand...sorry. Learning..........slowly. HU??? When I call them up what would I ask them about before I buy it another words?

walight01
09-17-2003, 12:44 PM
hu=headunit

blue LEDz
09-17-2003, 12:48 PM
if your head unit has a built in x-over, then the 2150 will work fine. if not, get the 600D, but since the sub is out of stock, then you will need to find out when they can ship it, and if it's going to be a while, it's time to find a different amp;)

blue LEDz
09-17-2003, 12:54 PM
well, you've got another option as far as the amp goes, in the same price range. the rockford fosgate 400S:
http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/rockfordfosgateamps.html
400x1 at 4 ohm mono rms. $170. cross overs, and bass boost. not a bad choice at all;)

Lenny
09-17-2003, 12:54 PM
but if the 2150 has a crossover, it will work? right....(HU...duh. I'm dumb) would you suggest the 2150 if has the crossover?

blue LEDz
09-17-2003, 12:57 PM
but if the 2150 has a crossover, it will work? right....(HU...duh. I'm dumb) would you suggest the 2150 if has the crossover?

yep, and if it doesn't, order the RF amp. can't go wrong with it;)

Lenny
09-17-2003, 01:02 PM
thanks for all the help and sorry for all the questions.:biggrin: We'll see what happens now.

Lenny
09-17-2003, 01:48 PM
the 2150 has the crossover for the 450rms ?? I'm guessing how many watts that's running into the sub. Is that enough watts? he said it would work w/ the Svc 4ohm sub. He also said somthing that's w/ the low pass, bass.... not sure what he meant or means? I'm very electrically blonde.

blue LEDz
09-17-2003, 01:55 PM
the 2150 has the crossover for the 450rms ?? I'm guessing how many watts that's running into the sub. Is that enough watts? he said it would work w/ the Svc 4ohm sub. He also said somthing that's w/ the low pass, bass.... not sure what he meant or means? I'm very electrically blonde.

huh? the 450 is how many watts it puts out, and has nothing to do with the x-over. it has to be bridged to get the 450 watts. if it has a low pass x-over, you're good to go;)

MisterT
09-17-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Rider69

This isn't the amp you were having problems with is it? I remember in a previous post maybe even at a different site you were having problems with one of your amps. I may take you up on the offer otherwise. ;)

Lenny
09-17-2003, 03:17 PM
this is the HU I'm going w/ http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-1sKLI7T1dD5/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=62700&I=023MP3000&o=m&a=0&cc=01&avf=N

Rider69
09-17-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by MisterT
This isn't the amp you were having problems with is it? I remember in a previous post maybe even at a different site you were having problems with one of your amps. I may take you up on the offer otherwise. ;)

THis amp was purchased brand new from BSLess.com in March. Never had any problems with it. I did have problems with a previous amp if that is what you are thinking about. I am thinking $100 plus shipping or maybe even Blue can bring it up to you...

blue LEDz
09-17-2003, 04:20 PM
this is the HU I'm going w/ http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-1sKLI7T1dD5/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=62700&I=023MP3000&o=m&a=0&cc=01&avf=N

want it for only $140? check here:
http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/blaupunkt.html
course i'd go with the San Jose MP41, since it has 3 sets of preamp outputs, more power output, and it can coltrol a CD changer, like their IDC-A09SILVER for $200. plus it's only $10 more at thezeb:biggrin:

misterT and rider69, if misterT wants the amp, i have no problem delivering it, to save on shipping;)

Lenny
09-17-2003, 07:06 PM
awesome blue. thanks for finding that. I'm ordering that tomorrow w/ my 2150 amp. my sub is already on the way.:p:

MisterT
09-17-2003, 08:43 PM
I don't know. Blue may take the money and/or the amp and leave to Iraq on me!!:biggrin: You know I am only kidding;) Today, I took out the stiffening cap and took it on a test run to see about lights dimming because of a bad cap, plus I didn't disconnect it since rewiring the alternator. It still had some dim, but didn't seem as bad as before. I will probably take up on that offer because of all of the problems I had and just stick the same large amp (causing the drain) on the highs and turn gains way down to for better SQ plus it won't draw as much current powering the two pair of speakers @ 2ohms stereo. I know I am going to meet up with Blue to get the box some time, but can deliver the money before or at that time if he is heading down to FL soon.
One thing Rider, and that is if you don't have your new amp already, you can hold on to it a little longer and I would understand. In that case you won't go without music or at least without having your bass until you get your new amp. I am cool either way. Thanks too! :p:

Rider69
09-17-2003, 10:24 PM
MisterT Check your PM...

blue LEDz
09-18-2003, 12:01 AM
i'm in central FL till sunday the 21st. misterT, i can front you the money, if needed. other wise paypal it, or whatever:p: