DOHCTA - Kiwi daily driven track wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOHCTA - Kiwi daily driven track wagon

Originally I started out with a stock besides lowering springs '93 Mazda 323 BW that I scored off Rockwagon back in 2007 for $50 and a 24 box of Tui (kiwi beer).

By dohcta at 2012-08-11

I completely stripped the engine bay and took the dash out and repaired a bit of rust on the sills. After that I collect the usual BFMP parts for a turbo conversion, but with a bpt engine.

By dohcta at 2012-03-22

I managed to score a VJ23 turbo and manifold to bolt to it, and the mounted a rediculously large, and somewhat excessive, 600x300 intercooler. Thus the nickname, the "Rear Mounted Wagon".

By dohcta at 2012-08-11

After rolling around on bickies with no front bumper (and never being pulled over!) I slowly sourced bits and pieces and a set of Boost R 17's to tidy it up a bit more.

By dohcta at 2012-08-11

By dohcta at 2012-08-11

By dohcta at 2012-08-11

Then in 2009 I picked up a green wagon that I wanted to build into a daily driver B6T wagon. Managed to rebuild a stock B6T and collect a full BFMP drive train. Also brought Rockwagon's SA15's off him when he sold his wagon. In the mean time the White wagon had destroyed two gtx BP1 engines (one had a piston shattered to bits, and one a bent rod).

By dohcta at 2012-08-11

Then I scored the 18' DTM099's in bronze. Such a sick wheel, and set's the green off.

By dohcta at 2012-08-11

6000km's after the rebuild, the Brand New Taiwanese Pistons cracked their ring-lands. In desprite need for a road worthy car, I put a rebuilt BP2 bottom end, GTR rods with ACL Forged Piston's, and race series bearings. Also had a n/a head rebuilt with a mild port n polish. Along with this I used the VJ23 and front mount set up. It was then I really started to like the Green on Bronze combo of what I originally thought would be my daily driver, so I chucked the DOHCTA plate onto it. Then next 18 months involved alot of minor work, including a full BG Infini interior, battery in boot, VR4 brake upgrade, and then certification. I also managed to pick up a BF Infini gearbox. Was listed on trademe and was on Waiheke Island, in the Auckland harbour. Well worth the trip over there and the awkward bus and ferry ride back carrying it!!!

The car as of March 2014:

Engine:

BPT Block
    BP2 Crank
    GTR Rods
    ACL Forged Pistons
    ACL Race Series bearings
    GTR Oil Squirters
    Ported and polished N/A head
    Standard BPT Cams
    GTR Inlet Manifold
    550x220x76 Intercooler behind a stock bumper
    Custom steam pipe exhaust manifold
    EVO 3 TD05h-16G
    Turbosmart 38mm Ultra-gate Wastegate - 1 bar springs
    Honda Alloy radiator with slim line fan
    2.5' exhaust off turbo, 1 2.5' Flowfast muffler with 4' barrel tip
    B660 running gear and ECU
    BF Infini LSD gearbox
    Lightened BFMP Flywheel
    Custom 2300lb pressure plate (MR2)
    Standard organic clutch

Car:

Emerald Green BW
    MRP Coilovers
    Street: 18' DTM099 Rims in Bronze
    Track: 16' Volk TE37 Rims in Bronze wrapped in Toyo R888 195/50/R16 semi slicks
    VR4 front brake upgrade with GTX calipers with Znoelli Slotted, dimped and vented racing discs and pads
    BFMP rear disc hubs and calipers with Znoelli Slotted, dimped and vented racing discs and pads
    MS9 MC and BH Familia brake booster
    8mm spacers with centre locating rings on the rear
    BFMP swaybars - front and rear
    Whiteline strut braces - front and rear
    BG Infini seats - front and rear
    35% Tints
    BF Infini badge on boot :twisted:

The coilovers are made by a Kiwi company called MRP. The owner Barry is a real good sort. Helped alot sorting minor issues to get the BG coilovers to fit into the BF/BW. www.mrpltd.co.nz Check it out!

Track set up:

Now I brought a few items for another round of upgrades:

Microtech LT-8X ECU
    EVO 3 510cc Injectors
    Adjustable cam gears
    Kelford 256 Cam's
    Heavy duty valve springs
    E153 MR2 LSD G/box upgrade
    Last edited by DOHCTA; 03-09-2014, 04:21 AM.

excellent collection!!! gotta love wagon's!
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Simply amazing. I love it.
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
      X