Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaking brake fluid.

Car is a 88 mazda GTX with BPT Swap.

So the other day I was driving and the clutch felt funny wouldn't disengage all the way and had trouble getting it into gear obviously. I checked the brake fluid and it was low very low. I filled it up and pumped clutch a few times and everything went back to normal. I had added brake fluid only once before that when it was getting low, but I must have forgot to check it soon enough. My question is this, is this the brake master cylinder leaking slowly? I know clutch and brakes share same fluid. I don't see any obvious leaks in engine bay. A small amount under car, but can't tell where it is coming from. Please help.
    Last edited by aportis72; 04-08-2014, 09:57 PM.

Bleed the clutch line or replace the slave and clutch master if bleeding does not fix it.

Comment

The fluid level will drop as the brakes wear. This is normal. You add fluid as the brakes wear and then when you replace your brake pads/shoes sometimes you have to remove fluid. It is better to change the fluid because it gets contaminated with moisture over time.
      1988 SOHC 5-speed Mazda 323 SE Hatchback
      1990 MX-6 (in repair)

Comment

Probably a bad clutch master. Just replaced mine, it was leaking all over the carpet inside. Do the master and slave and be done with it lol. I think I spent under $50 all together.

Comment

Working...
        X