Protege Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protege Convertible

Is it just me or does this idea seem cool? Anyone know if any custom shops anywhere would take on a conversion like that - putting in a hardtop retractable roof? Kinda like the new euro convertibles.
    2002 Protege LX
    ] Eibach Pro Springs [] Tokico HP shocks [] AWR rear swaybar [] PIAA Super Plasma GT-X [] custom CAI [] 30% all-around tints [] 17" Flik Wasps / Kumho Ecsta 711 tires [] APC Eurotails [

it would be ugly somebody fotochopped some a while back and they looked retarded
    i is dumb

Comment

The car would handle likea bag of ****.
      And it would weigh a ton......... Well, you know what I mean.
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

did you ever see the convertible cavy...looked like dirty ass.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

go ahead and do it. maybe something different but it would be the same as if you were drunk and ran you car into the ugly tree
          sigpic
          1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
          1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
          2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

why not settle for a simple retractable roof top, but don't chop down the roof completely or you'll loose rigidity, unless you reinforce this but then your car is gonna wigh a ton, and proteges dont make a monstrous power to handle lots of wight even worse if it's automatic.....

anyways ....your car....your business....give a try and post the results...

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he how in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper, and the father of lost children. And I will strike down thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to destroy my brother. And they shall know my name is the lord when I raise my vengeance upon them."
            Ezekiel 25:17
            from Pulp Fiction

Comment

i thought about doing it once, but the old lady would have nothing to do with it. but, after thinking about it, it probably would be ugly.
              2002.5 protege dx

Comment

Originally posted by protege1.6
                why not settle for a simple retractable roof top, but don't chop down the roof completely or you'll loose rigidity, unless you reinforce this
                Having a retractable hardtop wouldn't help keep any structural rigidity.
                It would have to be designed into the car from the factory.
                Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

the car would high center itself after a few potholes.
                  "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                  -93 MR2, 129 ES
                  ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                  Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

why not just go buy a convertable?

Comment

Originally posted by Unleashed
                      Is it just me or does this idea seem cool? Anyone know if any custom shops anywhere would take on a conversion like that - putting in a hardtop retractable roof? Kinda like the new euro convertibles.
                      Yes, it's just you.
                      2002.5 DX Sedan, Garnet Red Mica, PIAA Headlights, Racing Beat MP3 springs, Tokico HP struts, Injen CAI, MSP axle-back exhaust, MSP S.T. brace, Mod-o-fied AWR 19MM rear bar, AWR end-links F/R, 16x7 alloys w/Paradas(street), 15x6 Miata OEM alloys w/Falken Azenis(Solo II STS), personalized plates "VTC FREE"
                      I remember the days of racing when the the Drivers were Fat and the Tires were Skinny.

Comment

i was going to say "how about a target top on the protege?" but then i thought to myself that would be dumb too. but hey maybe not. havn't seen one in real life so who knows?

Seen a convertable CRX what looked pretty rice but it's original
                        sigpic

Comment

$10,000 conversion. Easily.

And it'll probably never fit right.

Hardtop convertible - fugheddaboutit. Soft - might be possible. But not even close to worth the money/hassle/inevitable fitment troubles.

And BTW - it's "targa" top, not "target"

~HH

Comment

lol something like that =P

no body has ever spelled it out for me
                            sigpic

Comment

Maybe the Mazda3 would look good, but not a Protege.
                              2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                              KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                              Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                              Groundkit

Comment

Working...
                              X