Got my Kartboy short shifter today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my Kartboy short shifter today

Just got home from work and my dad gave me a package that came in the mail. It was my short shifter from the group buy! I think I might go install it here in a little while. I'll try and get some pics up if I do.

Oh and just for reference, my 1st gen stock shift knob DOES screw onto the kartboy lever. I think there was some confusion on this.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Can any of u confirm the rumor that these things play havoc with your transmission.? I want one but ive heard a few rumors. Goodluck marc ..Jon

Comment

Perhaps you were thinking of one where somebody just cut the stock lever?

edit: P.S. Got mine yesterday, I guess it got sent to my parents house
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Maybe. Ive heard alot of BS about these. Anyone have a mazdaspeed shifter and shortshifter on there 1st gen ?

Comment

Wait a minute. Lets go back to the problems with cutting the stock lever. This is something I am getting ready to do. What exactly could go wrong?

Comment

i dunno about a MS shortshifter, but i know of people who put the mp3 shifter in their 1st gen and seemd to not have any problems.

as far as cutting goes... it just sounds like a bad idea to begin with. I mean, its only $100 for a shortshifter.
            Tag Team

Comment

I remember reading something on modifying the stock one, just wasn't a good idea. I think it puts more stress on the transaxle. I got mine for $85 through the groupbuy, free shipping too!
              Last edited by Marc93lx; 09-01-2003, 02:46 AM.
              2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

When I got my GTR front clip, it included the stock shifter minus the boot and knob. Well, one thing I noticed is that it has the same removable piece that the 3rd gen shifters have. I heated up that piece and removed it to make a shoter shifter that is basicaly factory.

Adam
                91 Protege GTR
                1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                MODS:
                GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                TO DO LIST:
                EDM/JDM rear bumper
                EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                Repaint car

Comment

Shifter Installed!

Well I got it installed with only one setback, which is Im probably going to need to get a new extension bar. I pushed down too hard and broke off one of the rubber "tabs" that holds it in place. I managed to wedge it in there and its holding for now but I don't want to risk it falling down. The extension bar is #23 (red arrow) in this picture if you don't know what Im talking about:

Other than that everything is awsome! The throw is insanely shorter! Here is a comparisom of the stock lever vs. the kartboy:

I'll get a shot of it in the car in the morning. The stock boot is smashed all the way down.
                  2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I've had my Kartboy shifter in for a few months, no problems here. Although sometimes, it's 2 tries to get it into first when rolling....but i have cheap get the job done gear oil in there, so it may just be that.

Comment

hey does anyone have Jeff (vtec-this) e-mail?? i still haven't got mine. i wish he would e-mail me at brock_robertson@hotmail.com, or brock@engsoc.org .
                      When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                      Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                      Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                      So his engine he goosed
                      With much too much boost,
                      And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
                        hey does anyone have Jeff (vtec-this) e-mail?? i still haven't got mine. i wish he would e-mail me at brock_robertson@hotmail.com, or brock@engsoc.org .
                        Here is the latest update from the ERDT board.
                        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Pics pics pics????//

Comment

2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

God damn charles u are fast lol.. It looks alittle to short maybe a lower seat (mx3 seats) will solve that ? ..Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X