MPG survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MPG survey

I just wanted to get a consensus what the average miles per gallon everyone was getting.

Today I got 38.26 with my z5. What's everyone else doing?

[edit] If you're too lazy or stupid to figure it out, just put the number of miles you manage to squeeze out of a tank.
    Figures like 1/2 tank and $14 are not really helpful...unknown variables like gauge accuracy and cost per gallon renders the information useless for comparisons.

In this case, I got 375 miles and it took 9.8 gallons to fill up.[/edit]

Please state your MPG and engine type(BP or Z5)
    Last edited by davens; 03-18-2004, 01:46 AM.

is anyone gonna take the time to calculate? I fill up once a week, $15 max for 3/4 tank, it works for me! 1.8L 5 spd btw, the tranny makes a big diff too

Comment

I usually put 10 gallons in and get anywhere from 28-36 mpg. 5-speed 1.5l with 15s and cai.
      Last edited by MazdaMania; 03-18-2004, 01:38 PM.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
      Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
      I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

250-290 depending on how hard i drive.... z5 5speed with 17's

Comment

u guys all get good mpg iono wtf is up wit my car i get about 140-160 on a tank thas about 14 mpg it suxs lol

Comment

sad thing is when i took off all my mods except spoiler there wuz no major difference. maybe another mpg but nothin noticable. its pretty dam sad that a small 4 banger sucks up so much gas....to give you a clue my last car wuz a 2.4l achieva. i made it to new york city and back and had about 1/2 a tank left thas about 8 gallons in that car .but in my protege i had to fill it 3 times on the round trip... pretty ****en sad...

Comment

Originally posted by dipsetpimp713
              u guys all get good mpg iono wtf is up wit my car i get about 140-160 on a tank thas about 14 mpg it suxs lol
              Time two git ur car chcked out...

14 mpg? There is something wrong.
              Even if you're flailing the car in stop and go traffic, it shouldn't be that bad.

You said you took off all your mods...are you running one of those stupid "performance" chips?

Comment

03.5 PR5, Sport-Stick Auto. Ranges from 22-28mpg 70% freeway driving too, its the 4k rpms at 85-90mph that kills the mpg's... that and the 2nd gear curved roads I have the option to take on my way home when I am feeling the need the vent.
                'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
                -Dean
                2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
                18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
                Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
                MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
                Injen CAI - Polished
                Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
                DaveB trim rings
                Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
                Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
                Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
                Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
                Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
                Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
                Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
                Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

My old 1996 1.5L got about 35 in town and about 44 on the freeway. My new 2002 2.0L gets about 27 in town and 32 on the freeway. It's a trade-off though, as the 1.5 was an absolute wheezer of a motor. Me, I'll take the lower MPG for the power increase.
                  2002.5 DX Sedan, Garnet Red Mica, PIAA Headlights, Racing Beat MP3 springs, Tokico HP struts, Injen CAI, MSP axle-back exhaust, MSP S.T. brace, Mod-o-fied AWR 19MM rear bar, AWR end-links F/R, 16x7 alloys w/Paradas(street), 15x6 Miata OEM alloys w/Falken Azenis(Solo II STS), personalized plates "VTC FREE"
                  I remember the days of racing when the the Drivers were Fat and the Tires were Skinny.

Comment

1997 Z5, automatic transmission, 70K miles... ~23MPG

Comment

Figured it out, once, about 25 MPG.
                      97 1.8l w/5spd
                      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

im not runnin one of those stupid chips...when i first got the car i wuz getting about 26 mpg city and 33 or so on highway...the way i drive hasnt really changed and im not flying down streets or anything cuz it takes my car about 16 secs to hit 60 while floored no lie...maybe low compression in engine who knows...but when i 1st got it it wuz the dame slow as hell but good on gas where did it all go...?!?

Comment

p.s. rims are for sale for 500 including the tires theyre in good condition and all i just need quick money plus chrome rims

Comment

thread jack***MIA Protege is selling his chromies maybe you should check them out....***thread jack.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                            Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                            I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

25 MPG - 1.8, auto, check engine light on for O2 sensors or cat. I think 25MPG is pathetic for a light 4 banger, regardless of trans. I squeezed 26MPG out of my 4400lb 260HP '94 Impala SS on a trip. I've yet to see that in my Protege.
                              '98 ES - For Sale!

Comment

Working...
                              X